Lt. Commander
# 21
02-02-2010, 04:35 AM
Salvaged Relationships....Is this the mission from one of the NPC Commanders on Deepspace K7? I saw one NPC Commander speak of it but I didn't choose to do it..... then the option to check it again just vanished.... Did I encounter a bug and should I ticket it or did I miss something entirely........
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-02-2010, 05:02 AM
I have a Fu ideas many pvp win might complete it say fight kilingons and win any warzone I am unable to get to a pc at mo but will try in about 2to 3 hours
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-02-2010, 05:12 AM
Err..the quest is and always has been broken.
And if 100 people in instances every minute of every day can't figure it out, even if it isn't broken, it needs to be changed.
It's like Sulu being invisible and you need to scan for him or something, yet there's no sign to tell you what to do, and no other player has ever figured it out, so it stays unplayable. You can't say it's 'Working for us, badluck' when it simply doesn't work.
Lt. Commander
# 24 May be
02-02-2010, 04:12 PM
I have a theory (could be completely wrong). I think a war zone is a PvP thing, feds v Klingons. I'm guessing Feds get their mission to destroy the repair hulks and Klingons get a mission too. To "WIN" the war zone you have to be on the side that completes their mission first. I think the biggest problem is that there never seems to be any klingons playing the war zone (not enough people playing them yet may be). So you canít be the first to complete the mission as there is no one to play against.

As I said this is a complete guess, it would be nice if we can get someone to confirm this. Hello devs! any chance of confirmation this is how it works? Itís not exactly self explanatory and would be nice to know if it is as simple as we need some klingon players to play against! If anyone has a high enough Klingon may be you could go sit in the zone and see if the feds get the update or not and post back.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-02-2010, 07:05 PM
Still a no?
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-02-2010, 08:57 PM
GrimD had a good point. I wonder if it's just a question of not understanding how the mission works. Maybe it's a PvP race? That seems like a good theory. I am not really sure why they would call it "win a war zone" if it was just a mission that you go complete. Does anyone else have more information?
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-02-2010, 09:07 PM
back in beta i managed to complete this with the ground mission, if they removed that its completely hopeless now
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-02-2010, 11:07 PM
This darn thing still isn't working, giving a bunch of trouble to those who were trying to complete it with me. Is it too much to ask for our quests to work, and dare I say give us the rewards as they should?
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-02-2010, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimD View Post
I have a theory (could be completely wrong). I think a war zone is a PvP thing, feds v Klingons. I'm guessing Feds get their mission to destroy the repair hulks and Klingons get a mission too. To "WIN" the war zone you have to be on the side that completes their mission first. I think the biggest problem is that there never seems to be any klingons playing the war zone (not enough people playing them yet may be). So you canít be the first to complete the mission as there is no one to play against.

As I said this is a complete guess, it would be nice if we can get someone to confirm this. Hello devs! any chance of confirmation this is how it works? Itís not exactly self explanatory and would be nice to know if it is as simple as we need some klingon players to play against! If anyone has a high enough Klingon may be you could go sit in the zone and see if the feds get the update or not and post back.

I think Grim is onto it. I was in that warzone one time and someone was screaming the exact same thing to people who said it was broken. Eventually we all grouped up and just steamrolled it as fast as we could and we got credit after about the third time - We presumed there had to be klings in there as well, and got a hold of a few to come into the zone, then kaching.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-03-2010, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxil85 View Post
I think Grim is onto it. I was in that warzone one time and someone was screaming the exact same thing to people who said it was broken. Eventually we all grouped up and just steamrolled it as fast as we could and we got credit after about the third time - We presumed there had to be klings in there as well, and got a hold of a few to come into the zone, then kaching.
So you actually beat it? That's great, I'm not super jealous and ****ed off at all... I'm glad though I haven't spent a lot of time on that mission and moved on to other things. My one big problem though is that I wish my tactical officer wouldn't come on screen to congratulate me after we "won". If the Feds don't win, he should say "We suck, you are the worst captain ever!" or something to that effect.

Maybe all us lost souls who can't get the darn thing to work should get together and try it again... maybe have a solid strategy except for 10 light cruisers taking on 10 different tactical cubes (that tends to eat up the time)? Just a thought....