Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkmaster View Post
you will still need to pick your payment method... they need to know where the sub fees are coming from.. either your credit card or a prepaid time card
fuuuu

that going to be $45 + $25 for a game :p

but for STO its worth it
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkmaster View Post
you will still need to pick your payment method... they need to know where the sub fees are coming from.. either your credit card or a prepaid time card

ps. i have yet to see a mmo that will allow you to use your free time up before you choose your payment method...
PotBS
WoW
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeell View Post
fuuuu

but for STO its worth it
NO...you only have to register a payment method - you dont pay unless you want to...

so its $what ever you paid$ for retail

and then $14.99 after yoour 30 days ONLY IF YOU WISH TO CARRY ON PLAYING
Lt. Commander
# 14
/facepalm

So much misinformation in this thread.

It should just be a simple case of adding the Retail key to your account, and you would get 30 days of gametime.

At the end of that 30 days, you would then have to choose a payment method, at least this is what logic dictates.

Worst comes to worst, you have to choose a payment option when you put in the retail key, but it won't get billed till after the 30 days are up.
Lt. Commander
# 15
Quote:
fuuuu

but for STO its worth it
look at it this way at least you will be able to play for 3 months before you need to get another time card
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethzero View Post
/facepalm

It should just be a simple case of adding the Retail key to your account, and you would get 30 days of gametime.

At the end of that 30 days, you would then have to choose a payment method, at least this is what logic dictates.

Worst comes to worst, you have to choose a payment option when you put in the retail key, but it won't get billed till after the 30 days are up.
wow i nearly fell off my chair... someone who actually read what i posted and understands the frustration of telling people the same thing 20 times lol
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethzero View Post
/facepalm

are you sure about that?

for example:

**** requires u to buy the game + extra subscription as payment register before u can play
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeleys
NO...you only have to register a payment method - you dont pay unless you want to...

so its $what ever you paid$ for retail

and then $14.99 after yoour 30 days ONLY IF YOU WISH TO CARRY ON PLAYING
ahem need clarification..

if you use a credit card... you wont be charged until your free month is up..

unfortunatly if you chose to go the prepaid gametime card, you are charged upfront by the store you get it from..
so it really depends on the method you choose to pay for the subscription
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 06:57 AM
Quote:
are you sure about that?

for example:

**** requires u to buy the game + extra subscription as payment register before u can play
*swears uncontroably*

please just read the posts again, carefully...

YOU MAY HAVE TO ADD A PAYMENT METHOD INCASE YOU WANT TO PLAY MORE AFTER YOUR 30-DAYS BUT YOU WILL NOT GET BILLED ANYTHING UNLESS YOU WISH TO PAY TO PLAY FOR MORE TIME OTHER THAN YOUR 30 DAYS....
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-31-2010, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeleys
wow i nearly fell off my chair... someone who actually read what i posted and understands the frustration of telling people the same thing 20 times lol
um, sorry mmos dont work that way...
they dont allow you to make an account without knowing what typoe of payment method your going to use

i have yet to see a mmo not require that information when you first sign up