Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2010, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkmaster View Post
ahem need clarification..

if you use a credit card... you wont be charged until your free month is up..

unfortunatly if you chose to go the prepaid gametime card, you are charged upfront by the store you get it from..
so it really depends on the method you choose to pay for the subscription
^ that would suck

unfortunately it is indeed the most used solution by many MMO's
i was hoping that STO would not do this
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-31-2010, 07:58 AM
Quote:
ahem need clarification..

if you use a credit card... you wont be charged until your free month is up..

unfortunatly if you chose to go the prepaid gametime card, you are charged upfront by the store you get it from..
so it really depends on the method you choose to pay for the subscription
then you choose to either add the card after your 30 days. or dont carry on playing

it's pretty simple

im guessing you dont have to enter a payment method before the 30 days are up, but some games make you input a payment method. i dont work for cryptic so i cant say for sure about that
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-31-2010, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeleys
*swears uncontroably*

please just read the posts again, carefully...

YOU MAY HAVE TO ADD A PAYMENT METHOD INCASE YOU WANT TO PLAY MORE AFTER YOUR 30-DAYS BUT YOU WILL NOT GET BILLED ANYTHING UNLESS YOU WISH TO PAY TO PLAY FOR MORE TIME OTHER THAN YOUR 30 DAYS....
shut up

read TKmaster his posts
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-31-2010, 07:59 AM
Quote:
*swears uncontroably*

please just read the posts again, carefully...

YOU MAY HAVE TO ADD A PAYMENT METHOD INCASE YOU WANT TO PLAY MORE AFTER YOUR 30-DAYS BUT YOU WILL NOT GET BILLED ANYTHING UNLESS YOU WISH TO PAY TO PLAY FOR MORE TIME OTHER THAN YOUR 30 DAYS....
again the depends on the method of payment you choose...

keep in mind you can also do paypal.. which would also not charge you until the month is up..\

but still prepaid gametime cards you are charged upfront by the store you get it from
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-31-2010, 08:00 AM
Quote:
then you choose to either add the card after your 30 days. or dont carry on playing

it's pretty simple

im guessing you dont have to enter a payment method before the 30 days are up, but some games make you input a payment method. i dont work for cryptic so i cant say for sure about that
im sorry you cant make a game account without the choosing your payment method..

choosing your method of payment is required when you sign up
there is no skipping it, you have no choice

all mmos force you to choose...
and prepaid gametime cards are non refundable.... so you might as well use it!

look if you use a credit card and you dont like the game just cancel it before the month is up and you wont be charged..

i am on wow, champions and sto

i tried warhammer, conan, cov/coh, ****, and lotr

and i can tell you all of them required you to choose your payment method upon signup
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-31-2010, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeell View Post
shut up

read TKmaster his posts
ok.

a few options.

dont ever ask for advice, help etc on these forums again with the attitude and attention span you have.

ask mummy and daddy to use there credit card

or simply dont play at all if the payment is confusing you, then the game isnt for you.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-31-2010, 08:01 AM
Quote:
again the depends on the method of payment you choose...

keep in mind you can also do paypal.. which would also not charge you until the month is up..\

but still prepaid gametime cards you are charged upfront by the store you get it from
yes, that is the most used way

i wish a Dev would give clarification
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-31-2010, 08:03 AM
Quote:
im sorry you cant make a game account without the choosing your payment method..

choosing your method of payment is required when you sign up
there is no skipping it, you have no choice

all mmos force you to choose...
and prepaid gametime cards are non refundable.... so you might as well use it!
\
who's the one with the additude

atleast tkmaster helps

you werent right since u will prob have to pay upfront with a timecard like tkmaster explained
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-31-2010, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeell View Post
who's the one with the additude

atleast tkmaster helps

you werent right since u will prob have to pay upfront with a timecard like tkmaster explained
i helped you, you just refused to read. i have no attitude. i just dont have the time to explain things to kids who have no respect.

when i made my account i wasnt forced to enter a payment method at all, and that is why there is a page for you to add activation codes on. so if you add your retail code - either way you will get 30 days. after that its upto you wether or not you will pay by time cards or credit.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-31-2010, 08:10 AM
Quote:
i helped you, you just refused to read. i have no attitude. i just dont have the time to explain things to kids who have no respect.

when i made my account i wasnt forced to enter a payment method at all, and that is why there is a page for you to add activation codes on. so if you add your retail code - either way you will get 30 days. after that its upto you wether or not you will pay by time cards or credit.
keep in mins sto isnt out until feb 2nd... you signed up for beta and you entered a preorder key.. trust me you will be asked for a payment method once you enter a retail key..

payment method is not required for beta access or recieving the perks of the preorder key..

no mmos ever let you sign up for a game account without asking what type of payment your going to use...

sto must be your first mmo because you would know what i am saying is a fact..