Lt. Commander
# 31
01-31-2010, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkmaster View Post
keep in mins sto isnt out until feb 2nd... you signed up for beta and you entered a preorder key.. trust me you will be asked for a payment method once you enter a retail key..

payment method is not required for beta access or recieving the perks of the preorder key..

no mmos ever let you sign up for a game account without asking what type of payment your going to use...

sto must be your first mmo because you would know what i am saying is a fact..
LOL yea of course this is my first mmo *sarcasm off

i enterd a payment method on my own accord, i wasnt forced into anything...i signed up and was NEVER asked to enter any details about payment.

maybe that has changed since i made my account on here, but not EVERY mmo makes you enter a payment. but obviosuly you have plaid them all and know diffrently, sorry for the mistake god of mmo's...

kids these days are truely confused. *sigh*
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-31-2010, 07:25 AM
On my experience with Age of Conan.

I bought the game, I went to their site, I entered my retail key, I clicked Submit, it took me to the billing page to enter my CC and billing information.

I set that up and got my account activated, went into my account options and removed my CC information.

Played my 30 days and ended up buying game time cards rather cheap online. *** 60 days is usually 24.99, I found 60 day cards for $8 on Amazon and so forth.

Now that the Time Cards are getting scarce and the Prices are getting higher on them, it is becoming more reasonable to have a 6 month sub with a reduced rate rather than paying a monthly fee.

How STO is going to do it, I dunno, but since I'm a Trekkie, I purchased the Lifetime Sub.

Hope you will find out how STO is going to do it. I can only post from my experience with my first MMO - ***..
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-31-2010, 10:55 AM
Thanks for all the help and ideas on it but we will never know for sure unless a dev gives some answers on it