Lt. Commander
# 1 What is a fleet action?
01-31-2010, 06:28 AM
What is a fleet action? What does it require? What does it give?

Searches are impossible these days...

Thanks in advance!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 06:59 AM
Fleet actions are large-scale PvE battle areas. They're generally big open maps that can accomodate something like 20-40 people, possibly more.

When you enter one, there's a set of mission objectives that everyone in the area can view - and as they're completed, the mission objectives update for everyone. Regardless of whether you're teamed.

When the Fleet Action is complete, there's a ranking of top performers - this is slightly skewed, because you place higher in the rankings based on damage dealt (therefore it rewards DPS players over healers/buffers).

But the end of the Fleet Action will give you a reward item, and if you place high in rankings, you should get better stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 07:09 AM
So you don't need a fleet? Phew.

Are fleets/guilds required for anything?

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 07:19 AM
Yeah, there's a bit of confusion in the terminology. A 'Fleet' is a guild. But 'Fleet Actions' are as I described above, and have nothing to do with guilds at all.

For the mass PvE maps, 'Fleet' simply refers to the fact that it's a lot of people.

You don't really need a Fleet to do anything. There are some perks that Fleets get - like extra bank storage shared between members, and a bonus uniform slot.

Though you can join a fleet, get the extra uniform slot, and then leave the fleet. The slot stays unlocked. And while it's called a fleet uniform slot, you can actually use it for whatever you want.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 07:26 AM
Thank you very much.

I actually made my own fleet that caters to my own tastes so I doubt I will get much people in it, hence why I was worried fleets were required for anything big.

In City of Heroes, I have my own supergroup for all my characters and team with acquaintances and random groups while in Villains, I do have a supergroup and like it but I do like having control over my own base, etc. from time to time.