Lt. Commander
# 1 I am immortal, so is my crew!
01-31-2010, 07:06 AM
Okay when I explode and die I respawn, thats cool, its an MMO, I cant just die, I can see clones, maybe I took an escape shuttle, maybe I beamed aboard a nearby ship to escape.

but all 400 of my crew? What happened to the death penalty? Do I have the best crew starfleet has ever known?!

My guys are the best of the best, they are immortal, hard working drones that never sleep.

Know how I know? the guy in alpha centuri starbase sells crew members to replace the ones that die. (phonton torpedo says it has a 10% chance to kill 10 crew members). But mine NEVER die, so they must just be amazingly leet.

or cryptic hasnt put in the death penalty, or ability for crew to die and not magicaly spawn 50 babies over 10 seconds. Please fix this.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 07:10 AM
considering that your whole ship respawns perfectly intact after exploding i think its kind of silly to complain that your crew doesn't stay dead.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 07:30 AM
For Crew Orange yellow is injured Gray is dead. The thing is ships crew recovers over time and even the dead get replaced when out of combat.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 07:31 AM
Are you seriously whining about basic MMO playstyles?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunfugue
considering that your whole ship respawns perfectly intact after exploding i think its kind of silly to complain that your crew doesn't stay dead.
I can understand why. It takes away the challenge and players won't be as careful in combat when planning attacks. They will just use the "Lemming" method and keep attacking mindlessly without any thought of repercussions. with a death penalty, players are much more tactful about combat and might even try to negotiate (which I think would be awesome) with other human players before engaging.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 07:33 AM
Im pretty sure out of combat stuff regens fast.

All i want to see is a escape pod animation for death, little pods flying out. Thta would satisfy everything.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 07:34 AM
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 07:42 AM
Crew have much sexxorz.

Much sexxorz = behbehs.

Behbehs + Tea Earl Grey Hot = Instacrew.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 07:46 AM
Who waaaaaaants.. to liiiiiiiiiive.. foreeeveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer...
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 07:59 AM
If we all complain load enough, maybe they will put in some really good death penalties. EQ had a penalty of loosing xp in larger amounts with each death in a certain time frame. You would eventually lose enough to lose levels. If you were stuck in a dungeon way above your level and running back to get your corpse (naked), you lost levels trying to get out. Sooooo, maybe Cryptic could take away skill level points. They could take away ships. hehe

Seriously, you will eventually lose crew and have to buy new. If they put in a respawn penalty where you are weak for a period of time, then every one will whine about that. This is a no win game for Cryptic. Play and have fun and let them balance the game as time goes on. Meanwhile, if you have reasonable ideas for death penalties you could post that instead.