Lt. Commander
# 1 A question on Polarize Hull
01-31-2010, 02:48 AM
I have a somewhat silly question on Polarize Hull. I know it has the word "hull" in the name, but does this ability give you resistance to the entire ship, including shields? I mean, will its resistance still play a role when you still have full shields on? Does it add resistance to your shields as well? Or is it only really useful when you're shield is depleted and your hull is getting hammered?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 03:15 AM
uh AFAIK polarize hull increases the energy resistance for all the ship. When there are powers that modify the damage resistance of only the shields (haven't found one yet that boosts the resistance only of the hull) they are specifically worded in that way (IE: rotate shield frequencies grants 50% resistance to shield damage).
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 04:39 AM
Yup, it is just good ol' resists, helps out regardless of shield status. I use it all the time to help reduce damage to my shields.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 04:44 AM
Oh! Your answers were actually a pleasant surprise. I had thought just because it was called Polarize Hull that it only affected the hull. I had read the properties and numbers of the ability before, but since it didn't specifically state hull resistance, it made me wonder, so I had to ask in the forums.

That's good to know. Thanks guys.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 06:51 AM
Good to know, thx for the Q/A.