Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I have now had to repeat 3 missions, one 3 times due to server crashes. This is really starting to get old. OB was one thing and while I didn't like it, I know its a fact of live with betas. Cryptic really needs to stop and take a deep breath. THIS GAME IS NOT READY FOR LIVE, I don't care what the accountant says. Neither are the servers. Headstart is not supposed to be BETA 2.0. The game should be stable with only minor issues at this point. It is not stable. I get "Server not responding" messages nearly 50% of the time when zoning. That's not a good thing.

The missions aren't bad but they aren't fun having to repeat them over and over unless they are the ones I wanted to repeat. Unfortunately, they were not.

<<-- See my avatar? I am tired of seeing it on the front page server status.

And, yes I put my money where my mouth is. I have already canceled 2 of my 3 STO pre-orders at Game Stop and I am glad I didn't get a lifetime sub for the 2 extra accounts. Are you listening Cryptic? Byby to $160 of preorder plus another $480 of subs I was planning on buying for them. How is that server thing working out for you now?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-31-2010, 07:39 AM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

*sniff sniff*

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-31-2010, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfiesden
I have now had to repeat 3 missions, one 3 times due to server crashes. This is really starting to get old. OB was one thing and while I didn't like it, I know its a fact of live with betas. Cryptic really needs to stop and take a deep breath. THIS GAME IS NOT READY FOR LIVE, I don't care what the accountant says. Neither are the servers. Headstart is not supposed to be BETA 2.0. The game should be stable with only minor issues at this point. It is not stable. I get "Server not responding" messages nearly 50% of the time when zoning. That's not a good thing.

The missions aren't bad but they aren't fun having to repeat them over and over unless they are the ones I wanted to repeat. Unfortunately, they were not.

<<-- See my avatar? I am tired of seeing it on the front page server status.

And, yes I put my money where my mouth is. I have already canceled 2 of my 3 STO pre-orders at Game Stop and I am glad I didn't get a lifetime sub for the 2 extra accounts. Are you listening Cryptic? Byby to $160 of preorder plus another $480 of subs I was planning on buying for them. How is that server thing working out for you now?
Oh no everything is fine you're just stupid and a noob LOL. Sorry man this is the only kind of responses you will get here. People are too afraid to admit it's not ready than to not have a new Trek game to play. It's really sad that people would rather see the Star Trek name trashed with a POS game than to just admit that it isn't ready for launch.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-31-2010, 07:46 AM
I think you'll find that some people are having no problems at all and others of us are having really bad problems, if i can stay on longer than 1 min without the words "Disconnected from sever" or the classic "No response from sever" i think i'm on to a win.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-31-2010, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaCrok
Oh no everything is fine you're just stupid and a noob LOL. Sorry man this is the only kind of responses you will get here. People are too afraid to admit it's not ready than to not have a new Trek game to play. It's really sad that people would rather see the Star Trek name trashed with a POS game than to just admit that it isn't ready for launch.
It is all opinion, if you don't like the game, then leave...we are not stopping you. Instead, you try to ruin everyone's elses game experience by souring up the forums...I really could care less who likes and dislikes it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-31-2010, 08:01 AM
It's not that the game isn't ready, it is and a good game as we saw in the beta. It's the severs that seam to be the joke
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-31-2010, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOctober
It is all opinion, if you don't like the game, then leave...we are not stopping you. Instead, you try to ruin everyone's elses game experience by souring up the forums...I really could care less who likes and dislikes it.
See. Thats the point. Two of my purchases not only left the game, they didn't even start. I am left with one pre-order and a lifetime sub on it. There is no leaving at this point for that account. If (or perhaps when) they get their collective ***** together then I will consider getting the extra accounts. My granddaughters wanted to play but they didn't like how frustrating it was trying to complete missions and stay online. Thats what the extra accounts were for. So Cryptic threw away over $600 bucks from me alone.

They need to work things out ASAP or STO will be DOA at launch. It may already be.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-31-2010, 08:08 AM
Funny thing is if you just say just one little bad thing about the game the wannabe,s go nuts and say your better leave blablabla think some people just dont understand what a forum is
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-31-2010, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalrath View Post
It's not that the game isn't ready, it is and a good game as we saw in the beta. It's the severs that seam to be the joke
Thats the problem. We don't know if its their hardware thats a joke or their server code thats a joke. Or both. It doesn't matter which. Whichever it is, they need to fix it or more people than they can count are going to bail on this.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:03 PM.