Lt. Commander
# 1 Fleet actions and level caps!
01-30-2010, 08:18 PM
I was playing starbase 24 today and did great, 1300 points i thought i had a 1st place win easy but low and behold someone got 1600.. so i decided to fly over and see who this victor was. Guess what, he was flying a saber!!! When are we going to have level caps in fleet actions because people at those levels should not be flying in a level 5 fleet action griefing other players. "Oh but im testing my new ship out" GUESS WHAT fleet actions with enemies 8 levels lower than you... IS not the place to do it......

RRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 08:20 PM
He was griefing you? Did he blow up your ship, steal your stuff? If not, I don't think it's griefing.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alreya
He was griefing you? Did he blow up your ship, steal your stuff? If not, I don't think it's griefing.
Eh. I can understand where the OP is coming from. It'd kind of be like rolling in to SB 24 in a Tier 3 ship,armed to the teeth with MK VI gear. You're going to dominate the rankings and get the best loot, and you probably don't even need it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heimskringla View Post
Eh. I can understand where the OP is coming from. It'd kind of be like rolling in to SB 24 in a Tier 3 ship,armed to the teeth with MK VI gear. You're going to dominate the rankings and get the best loot, and you probably don't even need it.
Always handy to build up your credits for buying more ships, though.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 08:49 PM
Having those guys in the fleet action means you complete it faster, meaning you get your rewards faster. Griefing? It's awesome when they show up.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminblake View Post
I was playing starbase 24 today and did great, 1300 points i thought i had a 1st place win easy but low and behold someone got 1600.. so i decided to fly over and see who this victor was. Guess what, he was flying a saber!!! When are we going to have level caps in fleet actions because people at those levels should not be flying in a level 5 fleet action griefing other players. "Oh but im testing my new ship out" GUESS WHAT fleet actions with enemies 8 levels lower than you... IS not the place to do it......

RRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE
Fleet Actions are not PvP, PvP is PvP. And guess what, it is pretty standard in PvP for lvl ranges to be 10 levels. So 1-10 is a PvP range, 11-20, and so on.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 10:08 PM
The reason many of us choose to do fleet actions is to get top gear, the top gear for SB 24 is by getting first place and its next to impossible to beat someone who has a higher tier ship and has no need to do that kind of fleet action other than to goldfarm. Not to mention these instances should be challenging, and having someone who can be 30 levels higher than what the instance was made for defeats the purpose of having one.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminblake View Post
The reason many of us choose to do fleet actions is to get top gear, the top gear for SB 24 is by getting first place and its next to impossible to beat someone who has a higher tier ship and has no need to do that kind of fleet action other than to goldfarm. Not to mention these instances should be challenging, and having someone who can be 30 levels higher than what the instance was made for defeats the purpose of having one.

Now they are 30 levels higher are they?
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 10:13 PM
I don't normally agree with an OP of these types of threads, but this guy's got a point. By the time you reach Tier 2, there are two other Fleet Actions you can do. Doing SB24 at that high level is just lame. I mean, if SB24 was the only Fleet Action for a while, I could see it, but it's not.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knotoc View Post
Now they are 30 levels higher are they?
you really dont get the point do you...

Fleet actions give good gear for a reason. They are meant to be challenging, and if you have a lvl 50 cruiser come in and tank all the enemies, whats the point...