Lt. Commander
Im gettting this with 4 of 5 BOs and have no clue what it is all about.

I thought it is about the lvl of the skill so I changed the skill of the BO to a lvl 1 skill and it still cant be used.

So why cant my BO Ltd. not use the 2nd slot?
Slot one is torpedo high yield... cant use dispersal pattern 1 on 2nd slot and dont get whyyyyyyyyy!
Before I had "beam fire at will II" which didnt work as well.

The engineer officer has "emergency power to shields I" and "extend shields I" who both are working.

I dont see why they do work with the one engineering officer while the other BOs 2nd skill is never useful rank of power for this station and while Im replacing skills of the BOs Im wasting starfleet merrits because the skills are not accessible.

Plx halp!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 08:26 AM
That doesn't really make sense. I'm struggling to understand what it is you are saying.

Anyhow, with regards to powers and stations:

Ensign station will allow you to use level 1 skills, that is, your ensign skills.

Lieutenant Station will allow a lieutenant to use both their ensign and lieutenant skills.

If you have a lieutenant in an ensign station they will only be able to use their ensign skills.

This same approach applies as you and your officers progress.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 08:45 AM
Promote the officer to Lieutennant and you'll be able to use the Lieutennant station; so long as they remain an Ensign they can only use the first power on their list.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 08:51 AM
Well the whole station with rank design totally does not make sense. Anyway, your BO needs to have the required rank AND the station he is in needs to have the required rank.

Until they change it. Which they hopefully will some day.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoptartsNinja View Post
Promote the officer to Lieutennant and you'll be able to use the Lieutennant station; so long as they remain an Ensign they can only use the first power on their list.
I wrote all my Ltds... that meant Lieutenant
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus-Dax View Post
That doesn't really make sense. I'm struggling to understand what it is you are saying..
What in particular?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus-Dax View Post
Ensign station will allow you to use level 1 skills, that is, your ensign skills.
Lieutenant Station will allow a lieutenant to use both their ensign and lieutenant skills.
I didnt see the station rank until you mentioned it :p

Seems you can only use 2 slots on a Lieutenant station and that ship only got one uarrrrggg.

thx for the help
Lt. Commander
# 7 Ship Consols
01-31-2010, 09:22 AM
yeah yeah I know this has been said many a time.

basicly to be able to use higher level Bridge Officer skills they have to be promoted to said level of skill and be at a SHIP STATION of said level or higher..

goto your ship and look at the Stations your Officers are at 1st ship they are all Ensign lvl Consols
tier 2 you get 1 STATION upgraded to Lt and can use that Lt Officer's Lt skill in that Station
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 09:24 AM
I'm guessing your flying a cruiser, T2 Cruisers have 1Lt engineering station and one ensign engineering, one ensign sci and one ensign tact. So only one engineer can use there Lt ship skill
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 10:06 AM
Yeah, this confused the hell out of me too. I even went and upgraded the consoles thinking that was the reason for the message rofl. Checked with my fiance and his was similar based on his ship choice.

In my case Science Vessel with 1 ensign and 1 lieutenant science console. I can move my 2 science officers between them and they will use their 2 skills in the higher level console.