Lt. Commander
# 1 Weapons Malfunction Ground PvP
01-31-2010, 08:53 AM
Devs,

It's not enough that the matches spawn uneven teams and spawn points are camped, perms stuns and hold abound but now this power keeps you from even firing a weapon.

Can you make ground PvP more frustrating than getting held/stunned/2 shotted (people hitting for 600+ per hit) and now we can't even fight back?

It seems Engineers and Science officers dominate the field for ground PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 09:35 AM
Well this would be the reason i rolled an Engineer and have specialized into ground combat. Even tho i agree about the spawns and uneven matches there's no need to complain about ground tactics, if your not happy just stay off the ground or re roll.

- The ground is my house beware!!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 09:39 AM
First off let me say that all classes are balanced b/c all classes have some sort of hold/stun/etc.

But really, you have to realize that you could be playing against people who are specialized in ground combat. When i created my toon i picked 4 ground abilities and spent every point ive gotton into ground combat. This is b/c i enjoy ground combat more than space.

I do agree that the matchmaking needs to be fixed b/c it doesnt matter what side your on in a 5 v 2, its still not fun :/

Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 09:59 AM
u can still melee while weapon malfunctioned
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 10:01 AM
Funny, I used this power constantly throughout open beta and never got a single complaint. Who needs turrets? Yet I very rarely ever ran into anyone else using weapons malfunction instead of turrets.

Its definitely a force multiplier. But there is also a counter in the engineer kits, not that I remember what it is exactly.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 10:04 AM
It's an annoying ability yeah but it doesn't really get you killed that often, there are numerous places to run it off using line of site on all maps. If you get caught in an open room, meh ... heal, buff, rifle butt them into stun or even stealth up if you have it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 10:05 AM
The point is that hold is spammed and there is no cool down or a deminishing return on it...aka resistance.

Hold should not be able to be spammed, once it lands it should have a deminishing return on it next time it lands.

The whole ego trip of learn to play or adapt is BS, there is no way to adapt to someone spamming hold and 3 people circling you trying to get an X on you for an insta kill.

This was brought up in beta just another thing to add to the list of **** that wasnt fixed in beta that was broke.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyx
The point is that hold is spammed and there is no cool down or a deminishing return on it...aka resistance.

Hold should not be able to be spammed, once it lands it should have a deminishing return on it next time it lands.

The whole ego trip of learn to play or adapt is BS, there is no way to adapt to someone spamming hold and 3 people circling you trying to get an X on you for an insta kill.

This was brought up in beta just another thing to add to the list of **** that wasnt fixed in beta that was broke.

The hold thread is that way -------->
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 10:10 AM
This ability is hardly the most annoying least you can still use your hand to hand wapon or rifle butt. No its the exploit then 600 points of damage that gets me.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 10:14 AM
i was playing some ground war today and the stuns etc dont seem 2 annoying to me mainly because they never happen 2 me .. anyway .. so im owning this guy then he uses weapons malfunction on me and im like so i run around corner try heal up.. it runs out and im like pop around the corner to pew pew him some more and he does it again and this time it was only like 1 second shorter than the first time it was applied ... keep the skill in there but atleast have a better DR on it !