Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2010, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic
The forum private messages and the in-game emails are the same system. When you view the messages in game, the reader window has a "Report Spam" button at the bottom. This will both add them to your ignore list automatically, and flag them internally as a spammer. If enough people flag them as a spammer(in either chat or mail) they will automatically be banned from using chat and email, and flagged so that GMs will investigate them and possibly ban them from the game.
That seems to explain why I didn't receive any spam messages until I posted on the forum...
Does that correspond with everyone else? Did everyone who received this spam also post on the forum before it started?
I'll have to look into the /whitelist option. Is there a /blacklist one too? So I can blacklist by Subject for example, as for now all my spams have the exact same subject: 'Cheap_STO_Energy'.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-31-2010, 09:40 PM
Getting the same messages, title is always the same 'Cheap_STO_Energy'.

Short term solution - ban anyone sending messages out with this title? (Since I presume it's automated).

Have to agree with the others here, we need a way to report this from the forum interface.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-31-2010, 10:08 PM
I keep getting 'Cheap_STO_Energy' as well. I have to constantly delete them.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-01-2010, 12:16 AM
I too would like to see the ability to report PMs via the forum as spam. Especially at the moment with a queue system being used. I don't want to spend hours queuing to get into the game then wasting play time reporting spam.

If you want players to report spam so that action may be taken, allow it to be done from the forum as well, please.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-01-2010, 12:18 AM
Mailbox is a lot easier to get to here in the forums than traveling all the way to a Starbase, so a lot of these are gonna go unreported.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-01-2010, 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynre View Post
Mailbox is a lot easier to get to here in the forums than traveling all the way to a Starbase, so a lot of these are gonna go unreported.
You can access your mail from the general UI (try clicking on the downwards pointing triangle to the side of the map at the right or the screen). You don't need to be at a starbase.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-01-2010, 04:16 AM
I've recieved about 8 messages to my ingame mail from gold sellers, this happened just after i put an item for sale in the auction house.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-01-2010, 04:20 AM
But surly one of the positve points of Cryptic using it;s own RMT shop is that it will set the value on currency etc, so the gold farmers will need to undercut the c-store to attract anybody.

Although saying that Tabula Rasa had a ton of very desparte gold sellers from day one even though it was insanely easy to get money and towards the end I reckon there were more farmers than players.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-01-2010, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hologlam
Then the ribbon has been cut! It's official.. STO is an official MMO everyone.. *wipes away a tear* A proud moment indeed!!
Basically a single player game with a few multiplayer aspects, not a MMO.

10vs10 combat ala Gamespy, not a MMO.

Small scale instances like Guild Wars, not a MMO.

Just because they are charging you money each month for a game that should be free does not make it a MMO, it makes you gullible.