Lt. Commander
# 1 Retail code Question.
01-31-2010, 07:57 AM
First off I love this game, but I've just experienced my first Bluescreen on this computer (a new M17x) and it occured during STO. A bluescreen so bad that windows was forced to use a restore point during bootup because it bluescreened again, and since I haven't done anything for the last few days but play (and update) STO, I'm assuming that STO was the primary cause. (System and DirectX diagnostics showed no problems and negative results on virus scan)

So I've decided (as much as I hate to do it) to not play STO for a few months and wait for Cryptic to iron out some of the major bugs.

Now to the heart of my question (thank you to those that took the time to read the pointless info above) I'll get my Retail key on Tuesday but can I choose not to apply it for a few months and still get my 30 days free game time and bonus items for pre-ordering?

Sorry if this seems a stupid question but I want to be sure.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 08:16 AM
Bump, 'cause people rarely look beyond the first page on these forums.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 08:31 AM
From my experience (CO), you only have a few weeks to put the retail key in if you want the bonus items/perks. OF course, if you're just using the retail key to start an account and don't want the bonuses, you can put it in anytime you want.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tovarish22 View Post
From my experience (CO), you only have a few weeks to put the retail key in if you want the bonus items/perks. OF course, if you're just using the retail key to start an account and don't want the bonuses, you can put it in anytime you want.
That's what I was afraid of. In the choice between my computers safety and a few (really nice) bonus items, I'm gonna have to go with my computer.

Which sucks.