Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 08:58 AM
its not unrealistic to beat someone 2v1, the pvp side will have more skilled players than your basic pve person, thats not always true as some great players hate pvp, but pvp is geared toward twich players who react fast. I myself am always deverting shield power to whatever side im being attacked from, i noticed ALOT of pvpers do not do this and usually die every easily while i live even in 2v1 sisuations. Lets not cry nerf so early till we learn the game.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hundredth View Post
Lol@this topic.

1) Open beta, klingons get massacred by fedballs. Told "l2p", "get organized" and so on.
2) Fedball reduced from 8 to 5.
3) Klingons l2p, get organized
4) Retail, klingons are "OverPowered, need nerf".

I haven't met a good fed player yet. It literally seems like all the good pvp players rolled klingon.
Edit: Actually, Nsif (nisf) seemed to know what he was doing. At least he had a plan of attack.

I sincerely hope that devs will never listen to vague crap like "Kling shield and armor resist is through the roof". Get some specific information on WHAT is overpowered, then talk. Cause the only thing that changed between open beta and retail was that klingons got a default shield in tier1 (that is actually good). Hulls are the same, resists are the same. Everything else is just feds being bad players.
Ofcourse, how many matches have you lost? i can honestly say that Ive never lost one with my Kling character, even the ones where we had no organization or tactics.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 09:02 AM
To be honest, i just come out of a game, and us klinks trashed them, not because of OPness tbh. This one time i was at one of the places you're meant to cap, i kept 3/4 feds busy by going under the station, and diverting all power to shields, evasive manouvers, all power to shield.

Kept them busy for about 4 minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurkeBlack
its not unrealistic to beat someone 2v1, the pvp side will have more skilled players than your basic pve person, thats not always true as some great players hate pvp, but pvp is geared toward twich players who react fast. I myself am always deverting shield power to whatever side im being attacked from, i noticed ALOT of pvpers do not do this and usually die every easily while i live even in 2v1 sisuations. Lets not cry nerf so early till we learn the game.
You make it seem like Im brand new. Ive been in STO for 2 months. I know everything there is to know about how to play. The Klings are nearly impossible to drop now. The tactics that used to be necessary, such as all pow to engines + evasive are no longer needed as a Kling, hell they dont even need cloak anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hundredth View Post
Lol@this topic.

1) Open beta, klingons get massacred by fedballs. Told "l2p", "get organized" and so on.
2) Fedball reduced from 8 to 5.
3) Klingons l2p, get organized
4) Retail, klingons are "OverPowered, need nerf".

I haven't met a good fed player yet. It literally seems like all the good pvp players rolled klingon.
Edit: Actually, Nsif (nisf) seemed to know what he was doing. At least he had a plan of attack.

I sincerely hope that devs will never listen to vague crap like "Kling shield and armor resist is through the roof". Get some specific information on WHAT is overpowered, then talk. Cause the only thing that changed between open beta and retail was that klingons got a default shield in tier1 (that is actually good). Hulls are the same, resists are the same. Everything else is just feds being bad players.
you know you are an idiot right? This is coming from a Klingon player btw.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 09:09 AM
You know what happened? We all knew better and sent over our fed rewards when we started our characters... so now we have the same shields as you... Sucks dont it :p
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by troggbl View Post
You know what happened? We all knew better and sent over our fed rewards when we started our characters... so now we have the same shields as you... Sucks dont it :p
In that vain, lets give all Fed ships the power to cloak and 15 agility.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 09:13 AM
Did they change the numbers on the shields? Last I played Klingon about the best I could get was around 4k in tier 2. Can someone check to see what the M4 shields are running now?

And to the klink e-peen waggers in this thread, the OP is just trying to figure out what's going on. There is no "you fail at PVP" because fed's never had (or needed) a plan beyond "stick together and shoot anything that shows up". It's pretty hard to fail at doing that. There was no announcement on a buff to klingons, so it's worth talking about. You guys can go on thinking you're just total leetsauce while the rest of us try to see what's what.

Btw, I don't have a problem with kilnks being OP in PVP, I always thought they should be (although from what I've seen so far it may be a bit much). Knowing the facts would help.

I remember playing a klink in OB (seems like just days ago!) and approaching 5 fed ships together was very dangerous and often resulted in us breaking off the attack. Doesn't seem that way now.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiss View Post
you know you are an idiot right? This is coming from a Klingon player btw.
I know that you don't have any specifics. Therefore your post is meaningless.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-31-2010, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azma
Cryptic, Im not sure what changes you made post OB, but the Kling shield and armor resist is through the roof. The space PVP is pointless for Feds atm and needs a serious adjustment. Even with a knowledgeable Fed team, we have to focus fire to get 1 kill 5v5 and we still lose 5 ships in the process. There is definitely something amiss with the Tier 1 and Tier 2 Kling ships atm.
I'm still now sure what you guys are talking about, I was in a FvK space battle last night and we got spanked 15 kills to 5.