Lt. Commander
# 1 Thoughts on Borg Race
01-31-2010, 09:11 AM
Hey Cryptic here are my thoughts on the borg race do with them what you will.

Game Stuff

I love the racials they get. Efficient is a skill I tend to get anyway, and the shield and health regeneration is something I noticed immediately compared to my beta character. Over all very good stuff.

Fluff Stuff

I was disappointed with the borg character creation. First I kinda assumed that it would be Liberated Borg, not Liberated Borg Human. I was planning on making my Bajorian character from beta a Borg, but only the human options are available. The Borg will take anybody, I don't really get why you are limited to the human options. Also I was disappointed with the borg creation options. You get 1 extra skin, and then the borg crap bolted onto your head traits. Where is the stuff like 7 of 9? Honestly if all you add in was one or to more unique head options that just put random small 7 of 9ish crap on your face that would be awesome. It would be even more awesome if you had the option to make one of your eyes metallic and the other normal. It would be super more awesome if you put in a 7 of 9 style "Borg" arm, ergo that weird rubber glove that is part of her costume. And of course it woudl be giga awesome if you opened up all the Alien options to the Borg so I can get my Bajorian nose and earring.

Overall

Love the racials, hate the options. Still love ya Cryptic, thanks for the great game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 09:16 AM
I was disappointed at the relatively small number of options available. I ended up changing the way I initially looked to something that looks rather ugly, because every single borg I ran into in game had the exact same eyepiece I did. There was no ability to choose from more borglike arms, or more human-reverted borg implants. I understand Cryptic was pressed for time, but I do hope they give us more customizations options in the future. The great thing about this game is that if they did add additional parts, we could always add them to our characters.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 09:19 AM
I have a feeling the Liberated Borg was an after thought for lifetimes subs, hence the limited variations, tho you get more than the klingons get for costumes.

Again the real deal for lifetime is you get a lifetime of play for 16 months worth of payments as well as the extra charachter slots, those are the more valuable aspects
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 09:22 AM
Whatever you do, if you're a life subber and making a liberated borg character, DO NOT choose the borg-specific Nanite ground ability. It's not only underwhelming, it's just plain useless.