Lt. Commander
# 31
01-31-2010, 10:06 AM
I had a really long load time, and then server crash DURING the load screen. Now I can't get out and have to force close. Such a shame.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-31-2010, 10:07 AM
And now stuck at character screen.

Will the servers ever be available for 24 hours. This is becoming a joke.

Really want to play but this stability issue is becoming incredibly frustrating . Why do so many people just sit back and say its expected for a couple of weeks. This is live game now as of headstart and we really should not have to put up with this.

Poor
Lt. Commander
# 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qixter View Post
To any and all Cryptic apologists that say "well...the official launch isn't until Feb 2...this is only Head Start", I'm sorry, but that's bunk.

We pre-ordered to get into this Head Start. We are paying customers. This is "real".

If you don't want to complain, then don't complain. But quit cutting Cryptic any slack because this "isn't official". You paid cash to be here. It doesn't get any more official than that.
Wow, this is the first real post on this forum I've seen. I agree, we PAID to be here, so don't tell me this isn't official start yet.

Headstart is supposed to let people PLAY i.e get a head start on the rest of the population who werent so devoted or didn't want to pony up their cash right away.

Well we DID so we want to PLAY. not stress test your damn hardware for you.
Lt. Commander
# 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorderdrick View Post
most ppl will get tired of this and simply leave the game to die ...Sad though cause it is fun if it could work
This is the part that worries me the most, I've seen plenty of games die because of this. You can offer all the excuses you want, but people who buy this game and want to play next week will not tolerate this long before just giving up.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-31-2010, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qixter View Post
To any and all Cryptic apologists that say "well...the official launch isn't until Feb 2...this is only Head Start", I'm sorry, but that's bunk.

We pre-ordered to get into this Head Start. We are paying customers. This is "real".

If you don't want to complain, then don't complain. But quit cutting Cryptic any slack because this "isn't official". You paid cash to be here. It doesn't get any more official than that.
Theres a difference between critising when its appropriate and critisising at every opportunity. Its got nothing to do with being a cryptic apologist, and if you have any experience of MMO launches you would know that, rather than lashing out at people who have more experience than to irrational exclaim how things are unacceptable. Which is entirely subjective.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-31-2010, 10:08 AM
This game is starting to look like StarGate Worlds.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-31-2010, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semtec

Really want to play but this stability issue is becoming incredibly frustrating . Why do so many people just sit back and say its expected for a couple of weeks. This is live game now as of headstart and we really should not have to put up with this.

Poor
Becoming? Already became a joke. Cryptic couldn't keep a rabbit running with a fox on its ass let alone a game server which supposedly is NEW HARDWARE that they installed between OB and HS. Yea, thats working out so well isn't it.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-31-2010, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
Yup. For the first time, even i'm noticing it. Not too worried though, it's expected for at least the first couple of weeks after a game goes live. Theyll get it stable.
Yeah, and by stable in 2 weeks you mean when 1000's upon 1000's stop logging in because of the same server crashes and bugs. And *POOF* magic the server is stable.
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-31-2010, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semtec

Poor
24 hours? seriously have they been available for even 12 hours out of a day? they were down for the entire afternoon yesterday, something like 4 or 5 hours straight.

I like how people think that come Tuesday this is going to be fixed.

It has gotten progressively worse over the course of the last two weeks through beta, what makes anyone think that having more players on Tuesday is going to help that? If anything it's going to get worse.
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-31-2010, 10:11 AM
And finally the server status screen has caught up to the rest of the world. "undergoing maintenance."