Starfleet Veteran
# 11
12-02-2013, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
From what I have been told, Top Rated is supposed to only show 50 results by design. I have submitted requests for either more results to be shown or the name be changed to Top 50 for clarity. I have no information on if either of these requests might be acted upon.

As far as avoiding the farms/grind projects, that's what the Tag options available via Custom are intended to address.
Its been pointed out, but one issue with the tags right now is the fact that its player dependent. The issue with this being that unless a mission is played and reviewed, it doesnt GET a tag to begin with.

The issue still comes back to a 'better' way to get non spotlight players more of an even playing field so that this new search can even have a chance to be useful
Captain
# 12
12-02-2013, 01:37 PM
Sigh, we really do need a next button.

I don't understand why Cryptic doesn't seem to want players to easily find foundry missions.

Thanks for communicating, Frost.
Career Officer
# 13
12-02-2013, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Sigh, we really do need a next button.

I don't understand why Cryptic doesn't seem to want players to easily find foundry missions.

Thanks for communicating, Frost.
Apparently they do not give a crap about folks who spent countless weeks authoring stories and building custom environments for others to enjoy.

All the Grinders were also created at a time right before they changed the rating system which also propelled them to the top where as most of our missions, including the older spotlights, still were rated by a great deal of default 3-stars from before when the rating system had the 3-stars set as the base. Now with the lame-azz new rating system in place, these default 3-stars drove our ratings down even further on a now shorter list.

BOTTOM LINE CRYPTIC!! FOLKS WILL DD WHAT IS EASIEST WHEN LOOKING AT FOUNDRY, THEY'LL GO RIGHT TO THE TOP RATED LIST.

CUSTOM SEARCH WILL BE USED RARELY IF AT ALL FOR 90% OF THE PLAYERS!!!

You can tell the difference from looking at the newer popular spotlights and missions. So
sadly due to this new "top 50" garbage mission choice system and the "new" mission rating system, we will forever be forced to stare at the loot crap missions clogging up the foundry top list and any new authors laboring with story missions might as well throw in the towel as getting plays will be something very few and far between.

A definite sad day for those who strove to make the Foundry something decent in STO.
ABI-Artificial Borg Intelligence by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
Also play Spawn of Medusa - The 5 Part series
by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck

Last edited by thedukeofrock; 12-03-2013 at 12:05 PM.
Career Officer
# 14
12-04-2013, 03:24 AM
I could certainly see where Duke is coming from, many could totally agree with him. I personally have not had anything happen with my missions in over 4 months. Some may say even longer.

But I want to put down ideas on the table.

With the amount of foundry missions out there, the good, the bad and the ugly ones, it makes it hard to be found, or to find the one you want to play. Sure, you could come to me and say that the new category system will fix that. You need people reviewing to make it happen and authors are not going to get that if they are not notice like we are now. Also makes it tough to promote a mission on a podcast, if you can't find them.

How about instead of trimming the 'Top Rated' how about trimming the amount of missions available. I explain.

I take it that players band from the foundry have their missions removed too, correct? Well are the players who have their account band, do they have missions they have made pulished, withdrawn too?

Even though I am not privilege to see the fax and figures, I get the feeling they are bound to be foundry missions that are from dead accounts or players who left the game and still have their missions up for others to play. I don't speak for everyone, but I got better things to do with my earned Dilithium than tipping a dead account.

A idea I have is not doing it on a major upgrade or season launch, is to have Cryptic pull the missions down and whoever is still a active foundry author do the republishing of their missions and leaving the dead account's foundry missions in the editor. It could be more cost effective, by not having to take so much time in republishing after a major patch. If the dead account comes alive again, they can hit the publish button themselves. If you do this once every 12 months, it is a possibility of keeping authors a lot happier and less of these sort of forum posts.
Captain
# 15
12-04-2013, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
As far as avoiding the farms/grind projects, that's what the Tag options available via Custom are intended to address.
Somebody at Cryptic apparently never studied basic logic, then. Under the sad excuse for a tagging system they've given us, getting missions tagged requires them to be played, which is already next to impossible under the current system.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Career Officer
# 16
12-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
Somebody at Cryptic apparently never studied basic logic, then. Under the sad excuse for a tagging system they've given us, getting missions tagged requires them to be played, which is already next to impossible under the current system.
Very well spoken and precisely one of my points, for one they need to be played to be tagged, and sadly with the new rating system and only 50 missions in the general list, it will not happen!!!
ABI-Artificial Borg Intelligence by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
Also play Spawn of Medusa - The 5 Part series
by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck