Lt. Commander
# 91
01-31-2010, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesten View Post
how do i run STO without steam .. if i close steam and run the exe from desktop it opens up steam.. also will it really DL it again if there is a patch because that happend the other day for me
the executable is located in the "%program Files%\Steam\steamapps\common\star trek online" folder.
Lt. Commander
# 92
01-31-2010, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Re-download it all again >.> ??
At least you are sure not to have to do it again and again and again like you will likely end up doing using Steam....
Lt. Commander
# 93
01-31-2010, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Re-download it all again >.> ??
That sucks The server is down again anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 94
01-31-2010, 10:28 AM
I knew their decision to use an Atari 2600 as the main server was a bad idea...I just KNEW it!
Lt. Commander
# 95
01-31-2010, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echostatic View Post
It tends to get worse after launch. Just wait until the 2nd. Give 'em time.
For all us pre-order/headstarter-guys its already launch. How much time shall we give them now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anatoly
well I guess its better to work on server stability now than during full on release. Although it still would have been better to nail this down in open or closed beta.

Server is down every time I try to log in. We never left beta did we?
Cryptic left beta as they startet to get our cash for their "service"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turgenev View Post
I hear your point, but I disagree. The game, for ME and for most of us, is LIVE now. The 2nd isn't going to make that any less a reality. If that's the case, the headstarters should all be given one free month, or 1000 Cryptic points let's say, to say "sorry for the rough ride".

It costs them nothing to do that, and it shows at least SOME sense of "yeah, our bad, sorry for disappointing, here's a shiny".
/sign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naries View Post
i wish i could just get one flippin mission done before they take the server down. i wake up and try to bang out a mission before having to leave and do the days activities but no! WTF take the servers down at night and work on them not first thing in the morning on a week day, flipping *******. and yes i work in IT and just because every mmo has issues doesnt mean it should be the norm or expected. These game creators need to not release a product and collect money for it until it is working without non stop downtime.
I guess they need the cash to keep everything running. Nearly everthing except the servers.

Hours without crash: 0
Lt. Commander
# 96
01-31-2010, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teranox
I knew their decision to use an Atari 2600 as the main server was a bad idea...I just KNEW it!
One Atari 2600? They use a whole cluster of 2600's mate. One of them apparently went up in smoke as the shot of the server room I just took clearly shows.
Lt. Commander
# 97
01-31-2010, 04:34 PM
[quote=BlackWindx;1814671]it cos the server can't handle the ****y us infastructure

and lotro had the broken cd key problem which toke a week to fix so it did have a major hitch[/QUOTE|

Dont recall that CD key problem, maybe because i didnt had the problem myself.
Lt. Commander
# 98
01-31-2010, 04:37 PM
How will they handle the ACTUAL release? I predict this game will go under. It's so poorly managed. It COULD have been great though.