Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Taking forever to zone
01-31-2010, 09:06 AM
For the past hour or so zoning it taking 5-10 minutes. The Loading... bar grows but at a snail's pace.

Anyone else seeing this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojon View Post
For the past hour or so zoning it taking 5-10 minutes. The Loading... bar grows but at a snail's pace.

Anyone else seeing this?
yes, and now i'm stuck at retrieving characters. PLEASE turn off champions online cryptic so that STO isn't affect by these server issues. THX.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 09:08 AM
Yep, taking WAY too long to load anything now... in fact every once in a while a "SERVER NOT RESPONDING" banner pops up, but then it goes away about 5 secs later.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbyneo View Post
yes, and now i'm stuck at retrieving characters. PLEASE turn off champions online cryptic so that STO isn't affect by these server issues. THX.
Yes, same for me.... Here we go again...

I'm patient, but when everytime I try and complete an episode either the server crashes or doesn't respond, it begins to get pretty annoying and frustrating.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 09:11 AM
Great, now I'm staring at a zoning screen with "Server Not Responding" across the top.

Update: Now says "Disconnected from Server"!

So if the server isn't responding, why hasn't the game kicked me out??
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 09:11 AM
This is what happened yesterday. Recurring issue! Cryptic plz fix, don't just turn it off and on again
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojon View Post

Anyone else seeing this?
What will happen an the 2nd?
The game is hardly playable with very little player, what will it be will tons of player?
I even wonder if the game will be plable at all at official lunch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 09:15 AM
Yep... server not responding is not going away this time. Looks like the servers are dying again.

Cryptic needs to stop dumpster diving for their servers.... I know it saves money and all, but really its getting annoying.
Lt. Commander
2 feb then it's for real
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 10:29 AM
constructive criticism:

i don't care if it sounds like i'm complaining, but I have the right to.

1. CO had server issues from the get-go. So there is no excuse anymore. STO is your next big game AFTER CO. You should have learned from your mistakes.

2. Open BETA displayed the lack of hardware you guys have. You said you were ordering new hardware to adjust for the bigger crowd . Beta is over. You had four days after BETA to learn from your mistakes.

3. Why is that when STO servers go down, CO servers go down? Why the EF are you sharing servers/hardware? STO subscribers are paying for STO only not for CO and STO.

What you can do to address the situation:

1. Hire people that know what they are doing. If you're understaffed, hire more people. You own the game to one of the most POPULAR science fiction franchises, EVER. You can splurge a little if you have to.

2. Fix the problem once and for all. If you have to have an EXTENDED maint period BEFORE official launch? Take the time to do so, but make a real announcement about it. Keep us in the loop as to what is going on.

This is absolutely ridiculous.