Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 09:49 AM
I would wait 4-6 moths and revisit the situation here.

The games way to linear and repetitive as it is. There are some questions about how Cryptic plans on adding new content. If CO is any sign much needed launch content will be added later for additional cost. Right now I would suggest a wait and see approach like I said before. This game as it sits now could have used another year of development to flesh it out. Just my opinion but I would not spend money on this game again as it is right now. I wish I owuld of let it age a little to see where the chips would fall.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendhan21 View Post
what do u mean by the toolset does not allow out of the box thinking.
It means he doesn't like the way Cryptic constructs missions and has you interact with things. It doesn't REALLY mean the toolset doesn't allow things, it's more of a personal preference thing.
Lt. Commander
# 13 great
01-31-2010, 09:51 AM
Quote:
ok so i would like to know is this game any good like is this game worth getting on feb 2nd or like should i just stick with WoW untill swtor comes out.
i think this game is great.i played 5 hours straight upon head start and got to level 5 so i think the game is playable now.there is no other game like it in the market.so yes buy it
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 09:53 AM
Even with all the problems the game has I still think its great. It has a lot of potential and I really like the look of the new content they've been working on.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoXmas
Star Wars does not come out for another year so good luck with that one
When star wars comes out you'll see the same things. Numerous complaints at launch, bugs, lag, and people saying to wait for six months to a year and see how the game is then. Welcome to the world of mmo launches.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 09:54 AM
Quote:
He means that he doesn't think Star Trek can have many new exciting creative environments, I think.

He's wrong
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 09:57 AM
well just to let everyone know the only experence i have had with morpgs is swg and i started after NGE and WoW and i guess you could say i experenced wotlk lanuch but i dont know if that counts as an offical lanuch lol.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirek99
When star wars comes out you'll see the same things. Numerous complaints at launch, bugs, lag, and people saying to wait for six months to a year and see how the game is then. Welcome to the world of mmo launches.
When speaking about waiting 6 months I think most are talking about the direction the game will take. This game is NOT finished now. It just is not. Way to much content that needs to be there that isnt. End game content is no where to be found yet. Klingon faction has very little content. If they add to it with no xtra charge than that is a good step. BUt if they make it a paid update thats a deal breaker for many. Hence the Wait 6 months.

THe stability is a wait and see thing in some ways as well. Same server tech as Champions online and that game still has stabilty issues 4 going on 5 months out.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 10:08 AM
Quote:
He's just copying and pasting current nerd rage posts because this isn't WoW in space. I'm tired of people *****ing the game servers crash, all MMOs crash, WoW launch probably holds a record for crashes at launch, and people seem to think spending 97 hours solving a puzzle is fun. I play MMOs to blow **** up and have fun, not get frustrated trying to find a Andromedian screw driver in a Klingon Nebula to fix Deep Space whatever.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-31-2010, 10:08 AM
I've been with several MMOs at launch, and this about on par with all of them. It doesn't make it any less frustrating when you are getting server disconnects and interrupted play, but there it is.

I find it fun to be a part of an MMO at launch. Its a state of the game that doesn't last long. Things are just different after the majority of the playerbase is maxed out.