Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro2k4
In before fanboys and apologists. Oh damn, too late.
There's a difference between "fanboys" and people who know what they are talking about.

If you've participated in other MMO lainches, you'd know as well as we do that this is far from being the worst and in fact, is one of the smoothest. WoW had vast gameplay issues when it launched, LOTRO was buggy and the servers weren't up very often for the first few days, and with Anarchy Online, you couldn't even log on for a whole month.

Read this, it'll give you a little insight and hopefully shut you up: http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/Teala/03...aunches-Part-1
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 09:29 AM
What problems in LOTRO? in Europe it was flawless
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearsofsoul
WAR had a very good start.
Troll detected.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandajuice View Post
There's a difference between "fanboys" and people who know what they are talking about.

If you've participated in other MMO lainches, you'd know as well as we do that this is far from being the worst and in fact, is one of the smoothest. WoW had vast gameplay issues when it launched, LOTRO was buggy and the servers weren't up very often for the first few days, and with Anarchy Online, you couldn't even log on for a whole month.

Read this, it'll give you a little insight and hopefully shut you up: http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/Teala/03...aunches-Part-1
And that makes this Ok? I've already paid $60. 99% of the time when you buy a game, it's at least complete. Especially for console games.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnyp
And that makes this Ok? I've already paid $60. 99% of the time when you buy a game, it's at least complete. Especially for console games.
But not MMOs unfortunately. By definition MMOs are never finished and you should have been aware of that before purchasing the game if you don't like that aspect. There is no end to this game and never will be. No end boss, no congratulations.

Also, you haven't paid for anything yet as the game hasn't launched yet. Right now, you're playing a bonus preview.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 09:33 AM
Launch is Tuesday guys. Head Start is not Launch.

Even if counting Friday as a launch, I've seen much worse, and much better.

Game play is decent, some rubber banding and some issues with zoning. Both of those are volume issues.

You know that will take downtime this weekend, over even a hick up after Tuesday.

I wish Cryptic the best Tuesday. I will be glad to out of the Sirius Sector by then.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 09:34 AM
In Europe Lotro had prob one of the best launches i've seen, they even opened the servers a day early without telling people! so a large amount of people got to play a day early! Cant speak for the American launch though

As for this one, meh not the worst but not the best.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceasar1
Just Kidding.

It might be the worst I've seen.

The question is, will Cryptic give players free game time after Feb. 2? We should be able to play a good part of the first 30 days without massive problems. If we can't, we deserve free game time.

LoL... you had me there for a second with that title. I was about to troll you.. hehe. But to be fair, I would not say that STO was the worst launch for an MMO. I've seen worst, but STO does rank very low for the launch. I'm very saddened that Cyptic has done so pethetic. I hope they learn from their mistakes and prevent a repeat for future games. Champions was not much better of a launch then STO, and Atari was the publisher for that one too. In their defense, its possible that Atari rushed them through the development of both games.

I'm not sure if I'll ever consider another Cryptic game again. They would have to demonstrate that they have learned from their mistakes in STO and Champions.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandajuice View Post
But not MMOs unfortunately. By definition MMOs are never finished and you should have been aware of that before purchasing the game if you don't like that aspect. There is no end to this game and never will be. No end boss, no congratulations.

Also, you haven't paid for anything yet as the game hasn't launched yet. Right now, you're playing a bonus preview.
This.

MMOs are never complete by definition. So can everyone stop the whinging?

By the way, this launch has been rather good so far, even though its technically only Headstart. I've been in far worse MMO launches.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-31-2010, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearsofsoul
WAR had a very good start.
As bad as WAR was at launch (strangely Head Start was fine for me) There was nowhere near as much downtime as this. The flamers do know launch is TWO days away, don't they? I'm am still going to buy the game, but I am very uneasy about Cryptic/Atari's ability to improve the game so it succeeds.