Lt. Commander
# 1 banned
01-31-2010, 10:22 AM
what the hell i just got banned from the irc for asking for help. all ive had since this head start started is hassle. nobody listens everytime i ask for help, and i mean no one listens. if this is how im going to get treat then ill have a refund.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 10:23 AM
if you don't mind me what did you ask?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
if you don't mind me what did you ask?
I bet it was where's sulu.

I guess he didn't get the KIA memo
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 10:25 AM
Maybe its the way you asked and how you asked...if it came across as hostile or worse, then the ban was right. They dont ban people for "asking for help". The whole story has yet to be revealed in this case...on your end that is.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 10:26 AM
i just got mad with the keyboard because since this morning to now all ive been doing is asking for help then going to try on my own which still can so i ask again for help and noone even replys but im watching other people ask for help and they get a reply straight away.

all i did was this because i was annoyed.

dfff
dfgferger
rgegeg
(keyboard stress)
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deebs1986 View Post
i just got mad with the keyboard because since this morning to now all ive been doing is asking for help then going to try on my own which still can so i ask again for help and noone even replys but im watching other people ask for help and they get a reply straight away.

dfff
dfgferger
rgegeg
(keyboard stress)
now you banned out of chat right? if that's the case I can see that happening because one of the Mods thought you were spamming to spam.

you have to remember there are a lot of people in those chats some times, and questions get drowned out.

also what were you asking for help with maybe we could help you.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 10:33 AM
Quote:

dfff
dfgferger
rgegeg
(keyboard stress)
Hardly a bannable offense, a kick maybe, but not worth a ban to be sure. However I do not know the IRC rules as I do not use that form of communication.

But regardless of what happened, maybe ask the question here and see if any one of the numerous forum community members can assist in your specific dilemma.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 10:33 AM
Quote:

dfff
dfgferger
rgegeg
(keyboard stress)
Yes, I was there when you did that.. everyone found it irritating.

It's hard enough to keep up with the chat without the spam.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 10:34 AM
Quote:

dfff
dfgferger
rgegeg
(keyboard stress)
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 10:37 AM
Quote:

dfff
dfgferger
rgegeg
(keyboard stress)

If it was just 3 lines like that I doubt they would ban you, warn you maybey but not ban. Now if you filled a screen with random characters it is spaming and they will ban you for that. If their screen (GMs, IRC mods , ect..) is filled with gibberish they cant help anyone.
Closed Thread