Lt. Commander
# 1 Unable to search the forums
01-31-2010, 09:21 AM
I've noticed a few issues with the permissions or access my user account has with these forums.

I cannot search the forums while logged into my account.

For example, when viewing the following forum,

http://forums.startrekonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

There is a `search this forum` link on the far right side, beneath the top pagination and the link for the `forum tools`. Using that form leads to a page with the following message:

*username*, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

It should be noted that I am NOT searching a private forum. The link in question leads to the `Federation News Network` under `Information and Discussion`.

Has anyone else been experiencing these issues?

For the record, I have submitted feedback to the website but I didn't see anything regarding emailing a forum administrator about this.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 09:39 AM
I also noticed that when I tried to search back a week or so ago to find my reply to an account problem thread, that my posts could not be found.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goopie
I've noticed a few issues with the permissions or access my user account has with these forums.

I cannot search the forums while logged into my account.

For example, when viewing the following forum,

http://forums.startrekonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

There is a `search this forum` link on the far right side, beneath the top pagination and the link for the `forum tools`. Using that form leads to a page with the following message:

*username*, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

It should be noted that I am NOT searching a private forum. The link in question leads to the `Federation News Network` under `Information and Discussion`.

Has anyone else been experiencing these issues?

For the record, I have submitted feedback to the website but I didn't see anything regarding emailing a forum administrator about this.
yep me too
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3drage View Post
I also noticed that when I tried to search back a week or so ago to find my reply to an account problem thread, that my posts could not be found.
Well, they have been resetting the forums between the closed beta / open beta / launch.

All forum posts in one time frame are removed prior to the start of a following time frame.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 01:08 PM
It appears that someone heard my plea and corrected the issue.

Thanks. I certainly didn't expect that anyone would have the time until at least a week after launch.