Lt. Commander
# 1 The Server Takes Another *hit
01-31-2010, 09:08 AM
Gimme a break. Like I said yesterday, Cryptic is on it's 2nd major title release in less than 2 years and there's been absolutely no improvement from Champions Online to STO in how your head start has gone. As a company you folks should be embarrassed by this because it shows a lack of talent and drive for success when you fail in exactly the same ways you failed in less than a year. I wonder how that will work if Toyota does that?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 09:09 AM
If anything, it's worse...
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 09:13 AM
It's funny how people blame cryptic for a rough launch, when 99% of MMO's are either worse, or have similar issues for the first few weeks.

Yes it sucks, yes it does **** me off a lot. But it's expected.

Fact is Star Trek is a popular IP, and this probably already has way more people playing than CO or cities of heroes ever had.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
It's funny how people blame cryptic for a rough launch, when 99% of MMO's are either worse, or have similar issues for the first few weeks.

Yes it sucks, yes it does **** me off a lot. But it's expected.

Fact is Star Trek is a popular IP, and this probably already has way more people playing than CO or cities of heroes ever had.
Hi Baron Remember me? It's moshy from Rage

And I totally disagree with you on this one. This is NOT acceptable at all. This is fraudulent. We payed for a pre-order just so we could participate in this BS headstart. This isn't a free beta, this is PAID for time they are screwing us out of. I'm on the verge of demanding my money back from Steam for the pre-order because I've gotten nothing but grief for my money so far.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 09:42 AM
Hi,

what exactly are the problems ? Graphics are good, Gameplay works. Sure there are some bugs and server crashes, but what the heck...

I am planning on playing this game for a LONG TIME and the start is ok. It is not great but it is ok. And look at all the future possibilities this game gives you.

All that humanity needs is a little composure.

Derouk Khan Gastiren

P.s.: If anyone got a spare del taco code I would greatly appreciate a pm.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_moshpit View Post
Hi Baron Remember me? It's moshy from Rage

And I totally disagree with you on this one. This is NOT acceptable at all. This is fraudulent. We payed for a pre-order just so we could participate in this BS headstart. This isn't a free beta, this is PAID for time they are screwing us out of. I'm on the verge of demanding my money back from Steam for the pre-order because I've gotten nothing but grief for my money so far.
I have to agree here. The way it's going I have paid 60$ to play a game for 1 month.....