Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 11:09 AM
atm the game is unplayable

is it only in germany/europe or are the us player's also got this massive lag?

/Edit: oh, and a new log in is also not possible
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 11:10 AM
yup i was stuck for 10 mins loading logged out came back now stuck at retrieving List of chars screen
Lt. Commander
# 13
Load times have been a little excesive. Also been experiencing long load times in character selection and even patching when there isn't a patch. Don't know if this is server load or not but if it is a second server would be good.
Lt. Commander
# 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demidsch

This game is in DEEP SH*T when it tries to launch on Tuesday. God I hate this single server garbage.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harras
I really think a second server is in order. When I was playing early this morning (8:00AM EST) everything was running exceptionally well. Right now (1:00PM EST) everything is going to hell again. I can only assume that's because more people are on at once. Even Pirates of The Burning Sea, with its lower than average player base, had multiple servers. I am not a techie, but from my experience playing over the last couple days, a new server would solve many problems.
They would be exactly the same. These are multiple servers instanced together. So if you cut the link nothing will change.

Edit: Actually it would change in a negative way. You would have half the player base and longer ques in PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demidsch

/Edit: oh, and a new log in is also not possible
I am in Texas, USA , and have been experiencing lag for a couple of hours.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 11:12 AM
Just got told to log out... emergency maintenance.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 11:15 AM
I'd prefer they bring it down and fix the problem, if they know how. This is the worst headstart I've been in with no exxageration. At least others would kick me from the screen or crash me to my desktop and then not let me back in. This was usually followed with a message of downtime.

With STO, however, we're just left to hang on screens for minutes at a time. The chat server lags randomly. There's only a crash to desktop when the "server not responding" message comes up. Then it takes an hour or more for any type of announcement that they are having problems.

For now, there's not even an acknowledgement that the game is ridiculous to play with the loading times, lag, etc. They just let us sit and complain on a forum while it feels they don't even care to respond unless the server goes completely down.

Is this what we should expect from live on Tuesday? Cryptic needs to pull their customer service skills out of their wormhole and communicate what is being down before launch to fix these game breaking problems. No communication and they are looking at a lot of unfullfilled pre-orders, or at least a lot of players buying it to see how launch goes and then logging out after a week to never try it again. At least that is my plan if they don't communicate some type of plan to fix this mess.

Worst headstart ever...due to communication problems, promises from devs that yesterday was "unique" and they will communicate more. LOL. This is bad.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 11:15 AM
Man at this rate i dunno if i should buy the game or not maybe cancel my preorder i dont wanna pay for something i can never use...i mean they start charging us tuesday and if problem isnt solved and my guess is it wont be will they give us credit ? Cause server going down continously is kinda ridiculious so much for "headstart"
Lt. Commander
# 20 Star Trek: Offline
01-31-2010, 11:19 AM
Yea, me too. After many, many failed attempts to get logged in and play due to unexpected downtime, I finally get logged in and get stuck at a loading screen > server disconnected. I like to think I am a patient person, with a decent understanding of the complexities involved, and having been involved in several beta tests - none of which went much better, most much worse - but I am starting to get seriously concerned about what is going to happen after launch. Kinda getting down to the wire for these kinds of problems, aren't we?

And so far, headstart has been completely worthless to me, even though I had intentionally set aside the whole time to dedicate to playing.

At least I might have a reason to fly my bonus constitution class ship after all - assuming I can get in after launch.

-Eno