Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 11:13 AM
Fast games do not equal better or more fun. Cloaking is a tactic and many times it's because the Klingons are severely outnumbered. They have the tactical advantage of waiting for more allies to come in to even the odds. I know the Fed do not get that if the situation were reversed...but cloaking is a tactical advantage for Klingons and should in no way be 'nerfed' as you put it.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesstair View Post
Did you read my post?

It was one line. It really wasn't that much to read. Klingons sitting cloaked for over 2 minutes doing nothing = not fun for anyone. Less of that = faster games = better for everyone.
Yeah, I read it. I also read the title which starts with shorthand for rage-induced profanity. The only reason I clicked on it was to drink some tears.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
Oh no! over 2 minutes? Wow that must have really cut into your day.

If the games go any faster Cryptic will do to space what they did to the ground, multiple the kills required by 266.66%
Not really. Average game would see no change. Only the games where klingons sit there cloaked forever without attacking would be faster.

Unless you can provide a reason why your entire team NEEDS to be cloaked for more than 2 minutes straight without fighting, there is no reason to allow it without penalties.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 11:17 AM
Hehe troll.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 11:18 AM
get a Science officer to use Sensor scan.
or, just gtfo. you dont like the way STO does PvP, go do some PvE until they give you FvF.
we have to PvP. you dont.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 11:18 AM
Cloaks are a dual edge sword. Sure Klingons can get the ifrst strike, if used properly - but idd you know that when cloaked they have no shields? Which means, if they wander too close to an enemy ship (especially a science vessel) or enemy mines that they can be attacked with no shields up.

I wont say "LEARN TO PLAY." Here is my suggestion, play a Klingon and see how life is on the other side. In my opinion, the best way to defeat something is to learn everything about it. Learn how the Klingons use it, and what the weakness of the cloak. Trust me, the Cloak is not very uber at all. Federation ships are ready for battle all the time and fire at a moments notice. A fleet of cloaked ships will have to de-cloak to fire. if done improperly, the Klingons will be peacemealed. If done right, the Federation take a few shots before they can hit tab and spam buttons.

If the Federation side is smart they can disable and destroy cloaked ships. But you have to think and use strategies and tactics for that.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesstair View Post
Not really. Average game would see no change. Only the games where klingons sit there cloaked forever without attacking would be faster.

Unless you can provide a reason why your entire team NEEDS to be cloaked for more than 2 minutes straight without fighting, there is no reason to allow it without penalties.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecadet1138 View Post
get a Science officer to use Sensor scan.
or, just gtfo. you dont like the way STO does PvP, go do some PvE until they give you FvF.
we have to PvP. you dont.
This - get a science officer, boost your sensor abilities.

Also there are plenty of reasons to be cloaked for 2 minutes. But then again do you even know if there was a full team of Klingons or was it one guy cloaked waiting for the rest of his team to arrive because Cryptic's spawning system is horrible?
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 11:25 AM
If the KDF aren't attacking, that means they are hesitant to attack. They are unprepared, or disorganized.

Now, you have to learn how to reveal them, or get them to reveal themselves.

Should we tell you, or do you want to figure it out yourself?

The KDF not attacking aren't getting points any faster than you aren't. It's not beneficial to them.

This is one of the reasons I oppose fed vs fed pvp. I suspect that feds without cloak will be a zerg vs zerg, and not queue for f v k pvp to avoid opponents that 'slow down their exp.'
Lt. Commander
# 19
Re. the various L2P/use sensor scan comments...

Maps are quite large. Sensor scan is not spammable, does not cover a large portion of the map, and is only available to some players. It is a counter to Klingons using cloak tactically, not abusing it to make themselves undetectable.
Lt. Commander
# 20
TEAMWORK = WIN in PvP