Lt. Commander
# 61
01-31-2010, 01:07 PM
I have no problems with the OP, however give a point to the Klingons every 30 seconds when the Feds are in BALL formation.
Lt. Commander
# 62
01-31-2010, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster
Klingons have to take time and plan attacks, that's how our faction works. If you don't like it then don't play PVP.

Stop being so selfish, inconsiderate, and impatient. Either you like the PVP gameplay or you don't. It is working as designed so go cry somewhere else Fedbear.
If it takes you more than 2 minutes to plan your attack, I shouldn't be forced to wait for a match to take 10x as long as it shoud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojokujo
I have no problems with the OP, however give a point to the Klingons every 30 seconds when the Feds are in BALL formation.
Difference: staying in a formation is a tactic. Staying cloaked until the other team leaves is griefing.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
Lt. Commander
# 63
01-31-2010, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesstair View Post
If it takes you more than 2 minutes to plan your attack, I shouldn't be forced to wait for a match to take 10x as long as it should .

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea

You obviously don't understand the complexity of playing a Klingon, you know sometimes we're waiting for our team to fill too. Sometimes we're waiting for you guys to expose yourself or break formation.

It's called tactics. Sorry our side is a bit more involved than sitting in a ball and hitting spacebar. Try making a point without personal attacks next time sweetheart.

Quote:
Difference: staying in a formation is a tactic. Staying cloaked until the other team leaves is griefing.
Staying cloaked until we have an opportune moment to attack is also OUR tactic. You're telling Cryptic to punish us for our tactics, but not for yours. How much more self centered, and inconsiderate can you be?
Lt. Commander
# 64
01-31-2010, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Staying cloaked until we have an opportune moment to attack is also OUR tactic. You're telling Cryptic to punish us for our tactics, but not for yours. How much more self centered, and inconsiderate can you be?

You notice I asked him if we'd get our hull, shields and BO slots back that we gave up for Cloak and he said no. He lost all credibility with that simple, no because it means he has no understanding of what Klink ships are and how they work.
Lt. Commander
# 65
01-31-2010, 01:40 PM
6 pages of this thread can be under the heading "how to counter a klingon cloak".

A single page can be devoted to "OP QQs about something he hasn't learned to deal with yet".

Were you even there in beta when in T2 the klingons got thumped every game until we learned how to deal with the phaserball? Have you even been in a group where communications have been somewhat more intelligent than "OMG KLINGON SHOT ME"?
Lt. Commander
# 66
01-31-2010, 01:41 PM
Quote:
I'm saying abuse of your tactic should have penalties. Say feds bring 5 science ships/engineers into a fight. Sure, they may be next to impossible to kill, but there is a built in penalty; they don't do a significant amount of damage. Using cloak to set up an attack is a tactic, like bringing sci ships/engineers. Sitting in cloak until the other team breaks formation from boredom is abusing the tactic, like bringing ONLY sci/engineers, and should have a similar penalty.
Lt. Commander
# 67
01-31-2010, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
You notice I asked him if we'd get our hull, shields and BO slots back that we gave up for Cloak and he said no. He lost all credibility with that simple, no because it means he has no understanding of what Klink ships are and how they work.
Because you don't lose cloak. You can still use it, and there are no changes to it's core effectiveness. You just can't sit there for 10 minutes without doing anything waiting for the other team to ragequit.
Lt. Commander
# 68
01-31-2010, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Because you don't lose cloak. You can still use it, and there are no changes to it's core effectiveness. You just can't sit there for 10 minutes without doing anything waiting for the other team to ragequit.
But you want it nerfed to the point that we have sacrificed something for nothing. So you can't have it both ways, you either nerf our cloak and give us back what we gave up to get it, or you keep cloak as it is and we keep playing with less hull, less shields and less BO slots.

Can you see now why people sit in cloak until the most ideal moment to strike? It is survival of the fittest.
Lt. Commander
# 69
01-31-2010, 01:48 PM
Quote:
I'm saying abuse of your tactic should have penalties. Say feds bring 5 science ships/engineers into a fight. Sure, they may be next to impossible to kill, but there is a built in penalty; they don't do a significant amount of damage. Using cloak to set up an attack is a tactic, like bringing sci ships/engineers. Sitting in cloak until the other team breaks formation from boredom is abusing the tactic, like bringing ONLY sci/engineers, and should have a similar penalty.
Cloak already has a built in penalty. All of our ships have less shields and hull than any comparable Fed ship. Our BoP has less shields and hull than any ship in the game, has less crew which seemingly all die when a fly hits their shpi, and one less BO slot than any ship in their tier.

Our penalty for having cloak is having to use it to plan ambush attacks. Like I said, our entire faction was designed to used these tactics, we already have built in drawbacks that force us to use these tactics. Stop being so ignorant and actually look at the situation beyond "OMG I has to wait 4 klingons for 1 minute".
Lt. Commander
# 70
01-31-2010, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
But you want it nerfed to the point that we have sacrificed something for nothing. So you can't have it both ways, you either nerf our cloak and give us back what we gave up to get it, or you keep cloak as it is and we keep playing with less hull, less shields and less BO slots.

Can you see now why people sit in cloak until the most ideal moment to strike? It is survival of the fittest.
Whatever. I'm done responding to your trolling. If someone suggests a nerf with no buff, you say "ZOMGZ! We have less hull/shields/BO slots!" ignoring that you also have more speed and manuverability. If they suggest a nerf with an additional buff to something else, then it's "ZOMGZ! Don't nerf our cloak, all we have is PVP, give us PvE fednub!".