Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 71
01-31-2010, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesstair View Post
Whatever. I'm done responding to your trolling. If someone suggests a nerf with no buff, you say "ZOMGZ! We have less hull/shields/BO slots!" ignoring that you also have more speed and manuverability. If they suggest a nerf with an additional buff to something else, then it's "ZOMGZ! Don't nerf our cloak, all we have is PVP, give us PvE fednub!".
Yeah I'm the one trolling, you've never once responded to my points without resorting to ad hominem attacks, you've been spending all your time arguing against the person and not the points.

What you propose takes away our one advantage and gives us nothing in return.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 72
01-31-2010, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesstair View Post
Whatever. I'm done responding to your trolling. If someone suggests a nerf with no buff, you say "ZOMGZ! We have less hull/shields/BO slots!" ignoring that you also have more speed and manuverability. If they suggest a nerf with an additional buff to something else, then it's "ZOMGZ! Don't nerf our cloak, all we have is PVP, give us PvE fednub!".
If anyone is trolling here, it's you. I'll stop feeding your nonsense and just continue to report your posts to the mods as necessary.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 73
01-31-2010, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster
Cloak already has a built in penalty. All of our ships have less shields and hull than any comparable Fed ship. Our BoP has less shields and hull than any ship in the game, has less crew which seemingly all die when a fly hits their shpi, and one less BO slot than any ship in their tier.
That is a penalty for having cloaks. There is no additional penalty for sitting cloaked forever, abusing the mechanic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster
Our penalty for having cloak is having to use it to plan ambush attacks. Like I said, our entire faction was designed to used these tactics, we already have built in drawbacks that force us to use these tactics. Stop being so ignorant and actually look at the situation beyond "OMG I has to wait 4 klingons for 1 minute".
Oh, but if I had to wait for Klingons for 1 minute, then the suggested nerf wouldn't come into effect. Perhaps you should stop being so willfully ignorant that you can't or won't admit that the cloaking mechanic currently lends itself toward griefing and needs SOME change.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 74
01-31-2010, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
Yeah I'm the one trolling, you've never once responded to my points without resorting to ad hominem attacks, you've been spending all your time arguing against the person and not the points.

What you propose takes away our one advantage and gives us nothing in return.
I don't respond to your points because you don't MAKE points. You just cry that Klingons don't have PvE.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
As the great Klingon strategist Sun Tzu once said:

"In conflict, straightforward actions generally lead to engagement, surprising actions generally lead to victory."

"Know the enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles you will never be in peril. When you are ignorant of the enemy, but know yourself, your chances of winning or losing are equal. If ignorant both of your enemy and yourself, you are certain in every battle to be in peril."

"Subtle! Subtle! They become formless. Mysterious! Mysterious! They become soundless. Therefore, they are the masters of the enemy's fate. "

So to sum up:
1. Don't be in a hurry. Think chess not ping pong.
2. Know the balance issues from both sides.
3. Don't expect Klingons to fight like Federation. Direct confrontation leads to quick death fro the Klingons at low ship tiers.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 76
01-31-2010, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesstair View Post
That is a penalty for having cloaks. There is no additional penalty for sitting cloaked forever, abusing the mechanic.



Oh, but if I had to wait for Klingons for 1 minute, then the suggested nerf wouldn't come into effect. Perhaps you should stop being so willfully ignorant that you can't or won't admit that the cloaking mechanic currently lends itself toward griefing and needs SOME change.
Cloaking is working fine as it is thanks. WE need to take time because otherwise it gets us killed. If we are out numbered we have to wait for even numbers to have a fighting chance against the Fed ball. Again I'm going to stop feeding you because you don't read any arguments.

The same drawbacks we have for having cloak is the same reason we HAVE to stay cloaked until we attack. You're asking us to punish us for not only having cloak, but for using it despite the drawbacks we already have. You're the one who's ignorant and not listening. You're the one that's crying for a nerf because people are using a skill as it was actually INTENDED. Get over it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 77
01-31-2010, 01:01 PM
2 minutes is a bit harsh... but something needs to happen. In the non cap and hold maps, it can be 10+ minutes before the first battle because they won't come out of cloak.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 78
01-31-2010, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesstair View Post
I don't respond to your points because you don't MAKE points. You just cry that Klingons don't have PvE.
Show me where I've done that in this thread. Currently I'm harping on the fact that the PvE we do have is broken, but hey excuse me for expecting that my money is just as good as yours an entitles me to equal ****ing treatment.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 79
01-31-2010, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylenium
2 minutes is a bit harsh... but something needs to happen. In the non cap and hold maps, it can be 10+ minutes before the first battle because they won't come out of cloak.
You realize that's most likely because there's 1 klingon Vs 5 feds for the first 10 minutes? That's not a cloaking problem, that's a PVP Queue problem. Don't nerf our cloak just because it takes 10 minutes for our teams to actually fill up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 80
01-31-2010, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesstair View Post
That is a penalty for having cloaks. There is no additional penalty for sitting cloaked forever, abusing the mechanic.



Oh, but if I had to wait for Klingons for 1 minute, then the suggested nerf wouldn't come into effect. Perhaps you should stop being so willfully ignorant that you can't or won't admit that the cloaking mechanic currently lends itself toward griefing and needs SOME change.
Ok then so using cloaking is grief play now? So if you would have it your way every single fight would be one on one and nobody could hit anybody elses target.

Now griefplay = Spawncamping at the start of a ground pvp map
Spamming the bejesus out of holds to make a player unable to act in ground pvp
Killstealing.

Isn't it amazing how all those 3 points I've already seen breached by several feds players over and over again weather I'm playing on either side?

Now those 3 i listed are grief play, fedballing (no matter how annoying) and cloak ambusing are both tactical aspects that can be exploited at there factions whim in order to gain an advantage, so nope cloak does not need fixing, your tactics need to change!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:03 PM.