Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 11:17 AM
Y dont we just let them do there jobs. If u dont like the server crashing then mayb u shouldent be playing on line games
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergysot View Post
I could see this kind of server activity in beta, but this is launch, live, early start is supposed to be a thank you to all the folks that helped beta test, so they can get a few days before the general public come in. This isnt early start, its more beta testing and what ever cluts you have working in the server room, get his butt out so he stops tripping over the extension cord.
Quit complaining... 95% of every other MMO has had 3-10X more downtime during their HS and lauch phases.

If you all are so unhappy with dealing with the bumps of a MMO launch, either

1) DONT PLAY
2) Don't play till it gets stable

So stop crying that "oh I paid $60 for THIS" OMg shut it people. Learn to live with it... this is how mmo's launch.. unfinished.. buggy and crashy... the ONLY major mmo that had a REALLY smooth lauch was LOTRO
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 11:18 AM
I have played several mm's from beta to launch and you are right, none of them went smooth, but that dosnt make it right, its just what we have come to expect. With the recent laucnh of Champions Online I would think that Cryptic would have a better grasp of the situation. Especially on the hardware side.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 11:21 AM
WoW - down for several hours, once a week

EVE - down for an hour, once a day

STO - down for several hours, possibly several times a day

They're competing with the other MMOs in every way they can!
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 11:23 AM
a: the people working this servers isent the same as champions probly.. they have two crews I would think atleast all other mmo makers do..

b: this is usual... not right but usual for a startup of a new game

c: if you hate it no one is forceing you to stay... go play a older mmorpg or something until it gets stable then return if you want or leave for good..

d: this downtimes lets me get time for my work in second life so I dont complain lmao
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus_Gideon

You can't compare a STO with seasons MMO's LOL that already have regular maint cycles.

STO (like almost every mmo during it's first 1-2 weeks after launch) will often go down 1-3Xs a day.. easily until they get stable
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Let me guess... this is the first MMO you've ever been with since launch? I've been with 13 at launch and they all crash, several times for the first couple of weeks. It takes time to fine-tune all the systems.
You mean, this will last 2 more weeks ? hmmmm this will be fun.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 11:27 AM
Quote:
(wow is soon 6 years old now isent it? and your saying down for several hours once a week... but big patch time in wow is worse then this normally)

Quote:
(this has been out a few years now so can't really compare it)

Quote:
(this game hasent even hit the shelfs yet and people complain its not the same as 5-6 year old games)

Quote:

Did I make it clear here? several years old games have HOURS of downtime still each and every week...

STO isent out and its awsome I been playing ALOT of hours already... wow I left on release cause it SUCKED
Lt. Commander
# 19 Oh jeah every day ....
01-31-2010, 11:28 AM
They need more Servers and they need Europe Servers , it can not be, that every day when the US gamers try to start there Games , the server crashes ! I mean here in Germany its primetime the most people play now or try to play !
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-31-2010, 11:28 AM
Quote:

Your comparing two MMO's that have been out for years to one which has been out a couple of days?