Rihannsu
# 11
11-27-2013, 07:21 AM
Actually they don't revive with full shields. But, they get a temporary immunity to damage when they revive and their shields return to full in that time. I've tried shooting them as they get up many times and I just the this long

Immune
Immune
Immune
Immune
Immune

scroll up instead of damage numbers.... after a few seconds it stops and they go back to being dead. I haven't tested it yet, but I'm hoping the devs at least added a sanity check to prevent their Necron revival from occurring multiple times....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Empire Veteran
# 12
11-27-2013, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzordie5 View Post
these guys are the ultimate warrior. way better than any fed / kdf anything

they can revive completely vaporized comrades

just 5 min ago i used an exploit shot on a voth medic and he vaporized. his buddy knealed down and POOF!!! the guy was BACK

WTH

can we get that toned down some.. i know the BA is foind to be easy by most but that mechanic breaks it completely..

are medics the tactical assault version of the repair ships in the contested zone.

has NO ONE else ever seen this happen..

also the regular Voth.. how do they revive from 0 HP when no one is around them just to get up an start killing again. its less frequent than the medics, still bad mechanic. is that an armor option for the voth rep.. completely revived if killed once every 5 minutes?
The old Klingon Dahar masters where as nasty in a fight though they did not ressurect people from vapor.

Voth Medics should be first target and I find flame throwers work well on them.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 13
11-27-2013, 07:50 AM
Only time they are a problem is when there are 3+ then they revive each other faster than I can kill them
Career Officer
# 14
11-27-2013, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
One of their species traits is a chance to hibernate when very seriously wounded... so they're supposed to sometimes self-revive. But yeah, obviously this is unintentionally hilarious when they do it after being vaporized.
Oh so they are supposed to revive themselves. Since there is an explanation for it I dont mind it, ground combat is way too easy as is, nice to have a challenge every now and again. However I would like Cryptic to stop people from reviving after getting vaporized. Thats been around since launch, and while its kind of funny, it just gets stupid after a while.
__________________________________________________ ___
Anyone want to give me a Wells class Temporal Science Vessel? Ill be your friend
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-27-2013, 01:08 PM
You can be revived after being vaporized normally; I've had it happened to me before where I was vaporized by an exploit attack and then one of my boffs revived me. The only inconsistency is that Voth revive their friends at full health instead of partial health like we can, but ground combat is easy enough that it's not that big a deal. Just kill the medics first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post
both in space and on ground the voth are absurdly overpowered. Needs to be toned down. This is NOT the proper solutio to power creep. It's the wrong way to go.
I have no way to reply to this post without some variation of "you are bad at this game"
Empire Veteran
# 16
11-27-2013, 03:03 PM
I've vaporized some NPCs and they continue to fight (invisible). I've seen it in the Fek'Ihri missions and occasionally in random missions. That happened with Cowardice (even on Fek'lhr once) one time and he was still fighting (It really sucked because I could not see where he was).
Rihannsu
# 17
11-27-2013, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightstalker61 View Post
I've vaporized some NPCs and they continue to fight (invisible). I've seen it in the Fek'Ihri missions and occasionally in random missions. That happened with Cowardice (even on Fek'lhr once) one time and he was still fighting (It really sucked because I could not see where he was).
that might explain something I've notice in the ground battle zone. Every now and then my Boffs start acting like they're attacking something, but as far as I can tell there are no enemies present. At first I dismissed it as AI idiocy, but one time I took damage when standing next to whatever my boffs were trying to kill....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 18
11-27-2013, 04:20 PM
Three things to note. Yes, the Voth will revive their vaporized brothers, give it up for their advanced technology. Two, the Voth will fake death, this is an intended feature. After reviving, they will have a few seconds of damage immunity. Third, if a target is hit with any exploit attack while a knockback animation is in progress, it will trigger the vaporization animation. However, they will remain alive as per normal. This is particularly common when using the MACO Sniper rifle, as the weapon has two different knockback procs as well as an exploit attack.
Captain
# 19
11-28-2013, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
Three things to note. Yes, the Voth will revive their vaporized brothers, give it up for their advanced technology. Two, the Voth will fake death, this is an intended feature. After reviving, they will have a few seconds of damage immunity. Third, if a target is hit with any exploit attack while a knockback animation is in progress, it will trigger the vaporization animation. However, they will remain alive as per normal. This is particularly common when using the MACO Sniper rifle, as the weapon has two different knockback procs as well as an exploit attack.
The Maco is a High Density beam rifle not a sniper rifle.

OT,

The only problems I have with the mechanic is reviving vaporized. Vaporizing them should be the best way to break the chain of 2 medics reviving each. The other is reviving with immunity and health regen to full in seconds. Those 2 things being fixed could make for interesting gameplay mechanics if the medics will revive everytime except vaporization. kill one then start on the other, it revives the dead one and you switch and kill it then back to the second one, repeat until both are dead, you are dead, or one gets vaporized. If you ignore the vaporized it will fully heal up and eventualy you will lose or get nowhere as you keep killing the same 2. That would add a tactic that when it revives you need to quickly swap targets to kill it before it has a chance to fully heal up. that would keep the other one occupied and you could do that and not take any damage at all if you do it right.

As for invisible enemies about the place... theres a spot in Park thats particularly bad after the V-Rex is downed. If you ruun back to the base instead of the transporter it will be near the end of tram line thing in the left capture point from the base entrance. Theres an invisible trip hazard too. I quit running back to base and instead go to the transporter because it's annoying to be running then shot by nothing and go to walk mode.
"I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man.
Captain
# 20
11-28-2013, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetwtf View Post
The Maco is a High Density beam rifle not a sniper rifle.OT,

The only problems I have with the mechanic is reviving vaporized. Vaporizing them should be the best way to break the chain of 2 medics reviving each. The other is reviving with immunity and health regen to full in seconds. Those 2 things being fixed could make for interesting gameplay mechanics if the medics will revive everytime except vaporization. kill one then start on the other, it revives the dead one and you switch and kill it then back to the second one, repeat until both are dead, you are dead, or one gets vaporized. If you ignore the vaporized it will fully heal up and eventualy you will lose or get nowhere as you keep killing the same 2. That would add a tactic that when it revives you need to quickly swap targets to kill it before it has a chance to fully heal up. that would keep the other one occupied and you could do that and not take any damage at all if you do it right.

As for invisible enemies about the place... theres a spot in Park thats particularly bad after the V-Rex is downed. If you ruun back to the base instead of the transporter it will be near the end of tram line thing in the left capture point from the base entrance. Theres an invisible trip hazard too. I quit running back to base and instead go to the transporter because it's annoying to be running then shot by nothing and go to walk mode.
The maco battle rifle is indeed a compression sniper rifle.
http://sto.gamepedia.com/M.A.C.O._(G...r_Battle_Rifle
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of The Romulan Tal Shiar fleet