Lt. Commander
If you are having issues receiving your open beta pre order key from any of the retailers please contact customer support using: http://startrekonline.com/support

We want to get as many people into Open Beta as quickly as possible, so let us know who you pre-ordered from, and we will try to help you out. Patience is a virtue though, we handle all tickets in the order we receive them so our response may not be instantaneous, but we will get to everyone who sends in a ticket.
Lt. Commander
# 2 No link in Support
01-12-2010, 11:16 PM
The link in this post leads to standard Support Page which has no way of reporting pre-order problems. So I'll put it here. My WalMart pre-order was paid for and confirmed. It also stated that I would recieve my pro-order OB key somewhere between 1/14/10 and 2/12/10. Further it said my game itself was not available nor would be shipped to the WalMart Superstore I selected when ordering (1 mile from my home), instead they are going to mail it to me somewhere between 2/12/10 and 2/29/10. Are you beginning to see my problem? After I pre-order and pay for the game then I find that what I was supposed to recieve will be too late for use.

Tried to find out from e-mail/phone and in person about this difference between what Cryptic posted (promised) and what is really the fact from WalMart. They know nothing whatsover about the game and only repeat what the confirmation contains that I got after I paid for the game. See above.

I KNOW there is nothing that can be done to WalMart, they are too big for a single customer and too important to Cryptic to get anything from them. However I hope Cryptic will help those of us who mistakenly ordered from WalMart. I found a free OB key from Massively, registered it with my Cryptic account (I play CO) and got in a que for download at 2PM this afternoon (1/12/10), started the download about 8PM (all CST). Still waiting of course and my account shows a beta access - However, it doesn't show ANY pre-order special or notice so I am afraid Headstart is out as well. I may not be mailed the game till sometime late in FEB.

Please help - Thank you
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-13-2010, 12:15 AM
i had pre-ordered STO earlier today and used the key from the order form. it did register it but it still wont let me go anywhere to download the client from any site. it says that i still need to buy it? did i waste my money on something i have waited a long time to get?
i have tried calling atari to confirm my order and get my beta key but the phones where full all day i know its gotta be ta hectic time for them but they should have put more ppl on the way they hyped up the release and got us all really waiting for it
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-13-2010, 09:55 AM
Ya please fix the link.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-13-2010, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by giakenn
i had pre-ordered STO earlier today and used the key from the order form. it did register it but it still wont let me go anywhere to download the client from any site. it says that i still need to buy it? did i waste my money on something i have waited a long time to get?
i have tried calling atari to confirm my order and get my beta key but the phones where full all day i know its gotta be ta hectic time for them but they should have put more ppl on the way they hyped up the release and got us all really waiting for it
Giakenn, if you need to download the game client check out these sites here: http://www.startrekonline.com/download

As far as fixing the link I apologize for the misunderstanding. We are granting open beta keys to those who pre-ordered STO, but have not received the key to get into open beta. You will not need the actual retail pre-order code until Head Start. The in game items will not be granted until you have activated the retail key. You should all receive your pre-order codes from the retailers by then (if not, you better contact us).

If you need to contact us for to get into open beta I recommend contacting our billing department, they are wonderful people.

EDIT: I had to clarify my point, I realized that what I was trying to say still didn't make any sense.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-13-2010, 01:16 PM
Pre-ordered collectors from Gamestop/EBgames, I've been calling in and They seem to have customer service saying the same please allow 24-48 more hours to recieve a code over and over, at least its not built into thier generic recording right when you call thier 800# like it was a few days ago lol....

-
So I then opened a ticket with cryptic as suggested above.....(#374322)
Here's the CS's responce.. including an Old support number... (at least it forwards, but no option to discuss tickets)

Quote:
Greetings Champion! Thank you for contacting Cryptic Studios Billing Support. We can't do anything about this, you have to contact the Retailer. If you continue to have issues with your account, please either reply to this ticket or contact us by phone at +1-408-354-7850 Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST. Thank you for your interest in Champions Online. Regards, Cryptic Studios Billing Support More information regarding our most frequently asked questions can be found on our website located at http://champions-online.com/support.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-13-2010, 03:17 PM
I posted this in another thread but was hoping you might be able to answer this for me!!

Here is my thread

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was curious how this was going to be handled as well since I now have a open beta key active on my account from Fileplanet and I have the open beta key card from EB games Canada that I have not yet used.

Does this mean I need to use the open beta key from my pre-order (from EB games) in order to get in the head start or can I just use the one I have from fileplanet?

The card I got from EB for my pre-order is from Cryptic and says
"Cryptic is thrilled to offer you an exclusive opportunity to play the pre-release beta version of the game. Join us online - we want your feedback."

I guess I am wondering how this key differs from any other beta key. I am pretty confused as to how head start will work since I can only pick up my retail copy of the game on release day February 2, 2010.

Don;t get me wrong I don;t NEED to play the game 2 days in advance of everyone else, I am just concerned, like most I would expect, that my Ship/character name will get snatched.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-13-2010, 03:23 PM
You need your pre-order key for head start - the fileplanet key is beta only
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-13-2010, 03:27 PM
Well I guess I should create a new account when I get home with my key from EB games and login with that new user name/password. That should sort it out so I get the head start right?
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-13-2010, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadar
Well I guess I should create a new account when I get home with my key from EB games and login with that new user name/password. That should sort it out so I get the head start right?
You could just toss the pre-order key on your existing account. It wont hurt you, and it will give you the head start.