Lt. Commander
# 1651
01-31-2010, 01:52 PM
WTF I see peopel posting they are moving up in the que yet im stuck at 43 for over a hour with no movement
Lt. Commander
# 1652
01-31-2010, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulScreme View Post
No, you're full of crap. You are talking about this head start as if it were an extension of beta. It's not, it's a pre-live production application.
effectively the headstart IS an extension of beta, just this time around your characters and stuff will carry over to the full release.
Lt. Commander
# 1653
01-31-2010, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sora-Chan View Post
effectively the headstart IS an extension of beta, just this time around your characters and stuff will carry over to the full release.
No. The Headstart was Live. It was advertised and we paid for it. Do not make excuses for them.
Lt. Commander
# 1654
01-31-2010, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbuck1771 View Post
So what does Cryptic plan on doing about the Fraudulant claim of a four day headstart ?
The heck with that. How about the fraudulent claim that the servers up!!

By the way, I also love the fact that every time I post I get bumped back in the que.
Lt. Commander
# 1655
01-31-2010, 01:55 PM
This is worse than when we were in beta WTF is going on? I took a week off of work for this crap!
Lt. Commander
# 1656
01-31-2010, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulScreme View Post
No, you're full of crap. You are talking about this head start as if it were an extension of beta. It's not, it's a pre-live production application.
No, I agree with him. The thing I've figured out about MMOs is they never really leave beta when they claim to. The "beta" will continue until they get the servers up to par. The STO beta seemed to have a lot to do with bugs then with the servers. It was also a stress test for the servers, which the servers failed. I would have expected this issue to get better by now. They get better, but even the first few weeks of many MMOs are rough. I haven't been able to log in for a few hours now. I'm irritated, but I'll live. The head-start AND the first bit of launch will be like a beta. Deal with it. That's how many MMOs are.
Lt. Commander
# 1657
01-31-2010, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaktak
This is worse than when we were in beta WTF is going on? I took a week off of work for this crap!

That sucks man...seriously. This is worse when we had 50,000 + people playing when it was open for everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 1658
It's hard to build momentum when the server keeps crashing. Would have made Commander by now, if the servers could hold more weight then wet paper. I really hope they can figure this out before too many people leave.
Lt. Commander
# 1659
So right now I am basically paying to be in a queue to play this game. Why is there a queue? That is the question we should all be asking. I haven't seen a queue to play an online game since I played Neverwinter Nights on AOL... back in the day This is just WRONG.
Lt. Commander
# 1660
I actually was at 461 queue when I went for a bangin ****, 20 mins later after i felt at least a stone lighter, I was still at 461 in the queue but the list for getting in had gone up. I had not moved an inch down the ladder. Boy this is not much of a headstart at all.

So on the one hand we have the serious amount of downtime issues, and queues that dont seem to budge. Call me a pessemist but I dont see this getting any better come launch time. This will double in severity and people will not tolerate it, and end up leaving for something else. I hope that it doesnt, but I cant help feeling that is whats going to happen