Lt. Commander
# 2051
01-31-2010, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsolo View Post
No headstart is not a part of beta. The system went live Friday for those who prepaid for the game but that was just a waste looking about I should of gave it a month got the game at a discount at wall-mart and not have this much hassles playing a game. I would be more understanding if this was a new company but it not.
Yeah. and I just want to clarify ONE thing for everyone:

WE ARE NOT PLAYING THE GAME.

If you, like me, have been up 24/7 since Friday trying to squeeze in play-time you would know that the servers have been down more than they have been up. This isn't a headstart, I don't feel like I got what I paid for, and like you, yes, I paid a premium. If I knew it was going to be like this I would have waited until it became a 15$ game (because that's the direction this is going, a 15$ game that only Trekkies pay for.)

Instead:

I pre-purchase: 50 USD
I buy a lifetime subscription: 250 USD

That's 300 USD + tax, and what is my gaming experience thus far?

I wait for the client to download.... TWICE
I wait for the servers to come online... and it takes hours.
I get online, and the servers go down before I even have the slightest clue how the game is played.
I wait several hours.
Servers come online, I log in, make it through the tutorial... but not before the servers go back down.
Servers appear stable from 11p-1a, and I'm able to get something accomplished.
Then I pass out because I've been up so long trying to play this damn game.

I wake up today, I'm logged in for maybe 5 minutes, then I get booted, then login is taken down.

And here I am, trying to log in over and over.

Seriously, can I get a refund? I don't want this, I am ashamed for having paid for this. This doesn't deserve my investment, a small part of me believes that there are a lot of developers, development managers, product managers/planners and executives that have NFC when it comes to their product.

When the whippings begin, start with your server devs. And do yourself a favor, hire a team of devs that they hate who will actually solve all their problems, if for no other reason than to learn something. Hire devs that know nothing about C++, but have experience working with 1mn concurrent users and 100s of millions of data records... alternaitvely, please stop making GAME SERVERS. You suck. (Your game client, on the other hand, is a beutiful thing in terms of product/features, but it too is beastly in terms of CPU/Memory.)

And get my damn services back up you a$$hats, or did I pay good money to get ****ed on all weekend?

/cry
/cry
/cry
Lt. Commander
# 2052 smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr3mm0r View Post
Enjoy ur +n times ICC on ur gay palyy, mister Carebear. BB and feel free to wear your pinky-kinky plate armor
You do know sto is based on the same type of reward system as wow. you get a mission = quest. you head out in your ship = stead you fight Klingons = monsters. you earn lvl point and money. you get gear by drops or buying them. you pvp in pvp grounds. aka wow in space.....
Lt. Commander
# 2053 Servers down
oh well, It sucks but least the Forums are up
Lt. Commander
# 2054
01-31-2010, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelesUK
OK...
1. Will you all stop *****ing about this.
There putting in a server side patch to try and fix the recent Disconnects and crashes...so give them a chance to do there job.
2. Saying that...there are seriously too many ass kissers on here telling us it's not the DEV's fault.
Let me inform you...YES IT IS...!!!
They had the same problems with CO when they released it and they have learned nothing from that experience.
Maybe they should have taken a closer look at EvE Online to work out how to make the server work.
3. Finally the Queuing system is a major pain.
How the hell can you expect to have 1000 spots for 200'000 players...???
Do they have new hardware and are they just yanking us off...???
Because it's just BS if your saying theres not enough space.
If thats the case you know your have to run other shards to allow those who paid for the game to play.

You really need to look at compensating those who's head-start experience you have ruined with an in-game pet or bonus experience points....
yah right i was there playin EVE long ago, hey lets warp to a new system.... crash. lets dock... crash. lets just mine... we're bringing the servers down for a patch eta 4 hours. pfft.
Lt. Commander
# 2055 yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmhuntley View Post
i dont really know that much about setting up an enterprise type server system.......but i bet every little part and every bit of bandwith costs a bunch......my guess is...... its way cheaper to spool up the operation rather than trying to downsize it later.....even if it means a few days or a week of server crashes........and i bet for all the ****ing and moaning going on in these threads......very few peeps will actually quit playing because of it.....thats why the first month comes with the game......99.999999999% of us will be here come Feb 28th......i will be
I will be here!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhapses View Post
Well said.
That's why they get the big pay check's and don't tell us that we don't have ppl yelling at us at work and looking over our shoulder's. I'm in wastewater and if there is a screw up and we got shut down 20,000 ppl are laid off till we get it fixed because can't send poisen to the river so we got 20k yelling that we are costing them there living. When u choose a job u know what u are in for.
Lt. Commander
# 2057
I am wasting away in the PvP queue. Get some feds on quick.
Lt. Commander
# 2058
ok, going to bed - see you all tomorrow, same time, same thread!
Lt. Commander
# 2059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray_Vix
Real disappointing is all I can say. Pathetic communication to the player base and yeah devs/execs whoever I hope you see this since it is one of many posts about how poor a job you have done with this release so far.

You should not have released a product that was not ready and anyone who wants to refute my argument you can A: try and log in or B: read my Avatar it describes how so many players feel.

Thanks for the memorable "head start" that was actually 25 hours or something as opposed to the 4 days promised, and I will genuinely be surprised if you can put your 'big boy' pants on in time to make up for this disastrous start.

And for you loyalist blinded tards defending cryptic/devs whatever...As George Takei said to Shatner at his roast *^ you and the horse you rode in on.
hehe.....Bandwagon jumpers on theDevs/Cryptics rejoice with laughter and kneeling
Lt. Commander
# 2060
01-31-2010, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxicorm View Post
*thumbs up*
I"m a lifer too and that's EXACTLY how I feel.
agree agree agree!
sounds becuase you have the life sub like "im alright jack **** everyone elses rights" nice work.