Lt. Commander
Three other games your group has launched Cryptic. I was here in both beta and live for all of them. Is there a reason you decided to butcher the server builds for your 4th, and assumed to be greatest IP launch ever?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 10:22 AM
I have a reason. Its called Money.

Greed for the loss.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 10:25 AM
Being that the server, when there was only one such unit during CB/OB, and before they noted bringing in new add-ons, ran like a charm with nearly this many players on it (most Beta People are still in Head Start, don't let the QQers fool you), I don't get it Cryptic.. WTH, Atari made you give up your business ethics for a threat of short cash flow?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 10:40 AM
I expected so much more from an experienced developer but so far I can only really describe my feelings about this game as monumentally let-down. As a European resident it isn't helped that everything is geared towards the US market and the rest of the world is given the finger while expected to pay more (taxes and the like) while receiving a sub standard service in return. I understand economics and the fact that the US is the main market but some effort to address things beyond the front door would help.

Server configration is dire, 1 cluster in CA? Come on! Using Del Taco for special give-away codes? Most of the world and a fair amount of the States don't have Del Taco. No communication from staff and a total fixation on milking the cash cow and doing sweet FA to fix the issues at hand. GET A NEW SERVER SET UP ! It isn't rocket science and everyone in the Cryptic community is being affected by terrible server management at the moment.

If this doesn't change then the end of this game will come sooner rather than later. Take Tabula Rasa, good concept and heavily instanced died out because of the same issues here except the dev team actually did something instead of watching their single server crash multiple times daily. Doesnt bode well for the actual launch.

Flaming commence, I paid for this product and am entitled to feel let down by and vent my criticisms at Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 10:57 AM
It is rather funny that people keep blaming the servers. If that was the problem, it would have been fixed. The problems are in the code, there are issues in there that are overwhelming the servers. And more or better servers would only delay the problem a little, not solve it. They are bug hunting fiercely, I'm sure, but the initial server problems were fixed over a week ago when people were no longer having trouble logging in when the servers were up.

Scorus