Captain
# 1 Counter bleedthrough
11-25-2013, 04:49 AM
how you counter bleedthrough without p2w steamrunner team fortress console?
Im sure when the devs thought to add 90% bleedthrogh to everything they put something in game that counters it if not the guy who designed this probably forgot to add something.

remember resistence is not a counter.Resistence is a counter for bleedthrough like running away or login out.At the moment there is only one way to counter it and thats a p2w console.Also all shields except resilient ones are useless.
Captain
# 2
11-25-2013, 05:01 AM
resi shields
armor
aux2struct
aux2damp + heal doff
borg 2 piece.
t6 cruiser? keep it, i'd rather have aux to dampers 3.
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.
Captain
# 3
11-25-2013, 05:07 AM
Resistence is not a counter.Resilient shields are a start .Team fortress console is a counter.
Captain
# 4
11-25-2013, 05:08 AM
mash hull heal buddons like a maniac
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Empire Veteran
# 5
11-25-2013, 06:00 AM
Is not PH w/high Aux also a defense?
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 6
11-25-2013, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainedna View Post
Resistence is not a counter.Resilient shields are a start .Team fortress console is a counter.
By that definition resistance is not a counter to damage either. The counter is to heal your hull if you do not consider using shields that reduce bleed through a counter.

But then resistance improves healing so technically it is a counter.
------
It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
This is the last thing I will post.
Commander
# 7
11-25-2013, 07:25 AM
Bleedthrough insanity is a result of power creep due to the incessant rounds of Buff DPS, Buff Tanking, Buff DPS, Buff Tanking, etc etc etc.

Bleedthrough wasn't such a big deal until Elite Fleet Shields came out... now with stacking resistances you can get insane levels of shield damage resistance, so much that even a glass-cannon Defiant can shield tank like a boss.

Instead of nerfing tanking to counter the problem the devs went on with another round of Buff DPS, adding several abilities that provide shield-penetrating damage and making it possible to kill players with their shields at 100%.

Just give it some time, the next thing we'll see is a hull tanking buff with abilities that increase bleedthrough resistance, and the cycle will continue.
Captain
# 8
11-25-2013, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpharma View Post
By that definition resistance is not a counter to damage either. The counter is to heal your hull if you do not consider using shields that reduce bleed through a counter.

But then resistance improves healing so technically it is a counter.

no ,you dont get the point.

You can make and build around bleedthrough with transphasics torps and so on.You should be able to do the oposite ...be 100% bleedthrough safe ...there should be a way ,other than team fortress console which does exactly that but you have to pay for it ,to stop bleedthrough.This will also make shields good again ...at the moment everyone uses resiliant shields.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Is not PH w/high Aux also a defense?
add logout to the list lol
Captain
# 9
11-25-2013, 09:35 AM
Um... the counter to bleedthrough IS armor. I mean why else would you bother to have any? A smart player can keep their shields up pretty much 24/7, and armor reduces damage to your hull... which is what bleedthrough is no?

If you're looking to be 100% bleedthrough here's a good way to do that:

Don't put a shield on. No bleedthrough then!
*rimshot*

But in all seriousness, there is no way to completely stop bleedthrough unless you use a Vesta or Steamrunner. If you're having issues with transphasics, then you hit Brace for Impact. Suddenly they hurt a hell of a lot less. In the case of DEM, you hit Aux2SIF or HE or some other hull resistance booster.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 10
11-25-2013, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
But in all seriousness, there is no way to completely stop bleedthrough unless you use a Vesta or Steamrunner.

see thats exactly my point .Everyone should have a ingame way to get the same results.Not the vestal bubble of course ,but team fortress console effect.You see at this point you can only get 100% bleedthrough safe by paying for a console.

Im not even talking that all shields except resilient are not used now.