Empire Veteran
# 11
11-25-2013, 09:58 AM
So PH with its Aux dependent % resistance is no help?
One can get the Defense% fairly high with high Aux power.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 12
11-25-2013, 10:45 AM
One can use Aux2Damp to boost one's defence% indirectly

I myself an looking for a low downtime solution to resistance on my sci ship, my current solution is dual TSS but that doesn't help with the low hull, still, dead things don't shoot back right?
Captain
# 13
11-25-2013, 11:31 AM
Resistence is in the same category with using evasive or epte to get the ....out.Im talking about reducing bleedthrough.Like some power /doff/thingy that helps your 10% bleedthrough shields to get less bleed.All shields are made useless by resilient shields now simply because people get the shields with the least bleedthrough.
Captain
# 14
11-25-2013, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsaris View Post
Just give it some time, the next thing we'll see is a hull tanking buff with abilities that increase bleedthrough resistance, and the cycle will continue.
*cough* Tier IV Dyson Reputation passive *cough*
Captain
# 15
11-25-2013, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainedna View Post
see thats exactly my point .Everyone should have a ingame way to get the same results.Not the vestal bubble of course ,but team fortress console effect.You see at this point you can only get 100% bleedthrough safe by paying for a console.

Im not even talking that all shields except resilient are not used now.
What does it matter if you get some bleedthrough? If you have armor that makes that tiny amount that gets through hurt even less. And if you dodge it, it eliminates the damage completely.

The only bleedthrough issue I still have is on the Scimitar (for some odd reason, even with two mk XII fleet neutroniums mine still seems to take an unusually high level of bleedthrough damage from enemies). Short of that, I don't really see where you're coming from tbh.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 16
11-25-2013, 06:36 PM
There's bleed, increased bleed, and ignore shield stuff...there's various DR debuffs...etc, etc, etc.

The game is, here and there, requiring more knowledge of the game. The sheer complexity of it is beginning to show...
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
# 17
11-25-2013, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
What does it matter if you get some bleedthrough? If you have armor that makes that tiny amount that gets through hurt even less. And if you dodge it, it eliminates the damage completely.
and if you cloak and run away it also doesnt matter *facepalm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
There's bleed, increased bleed, and ignore shield stuff...there's various DR debuffs...etc, etc, etc.

The game is, here and there, requiring more knowledge of the game. The sheer complexity of it is beginning to show...
The lack of complexity is beginning to show.When you have 1 thing that reduces bleedthrough and that thing is a console from a ship you get to see how "complex" the game is.
Captain
# 18
11-26-2013, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainedna View Post
and if you cloak and run away it also doesnt matter *facepalm*

The lack of complexity is beginning to show.When you have 1 thing that reduces bleedthrough and that thing is a console from a ship you get to see how "complex" the game is.
I still don't see your issue. Bleed damage is easily countered by having HoTs and Resilient shields. Or you can also use stronger armor consoles. You cannot eliminate it completely for all time.

It's part of the game.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 19
11-26-2013, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
I still don't see your issue. Bleed damage is easily countered by having HoTs and Resilient shields. Or you can also use stronger armor consoles. You cannot eliminate it completely for all time.

It's part of the game.
so having resilient shields is ok ....good then remove all other shields from game.Its already too hard for people to decide between Elite Fleet Shield ResA or ResB....you dont need to stress to much the thin grey matter of the average sto player.

fact is the only way to counter bleedthrough you need a paid console....Team Fortress.There is no other way to stop bleedthrough .
Captain
# 20
11-26-2013, 05:14 PM
They don't get it. They're thinking ONLY of the shield rating % of bleedthrough, but not understanding that bleedthrough is simply the already-existing term which means more and more NPCs are doing ludicrous amounst of damage straight to your hull BYPASSING full shields.

Yes, this definitely includes the voth. At the same time it has increased rapidly amongst all borg from nanite sphered up to gateways in all STFs I've played.

The bleedthrough is really killing he game lately. Almost every time I've died since season 8 launched has been with full shields and has also been an almost instant super-spike death that bypassed all heals, all defenses, all resistances, and all shields. I have an oddy with 10k+ shields, 60K hull, and redundant hull and shield heals, and have been killed in under a second from full health WHILE popping every heal I had.

It's retardedly bad game design.

It NEEDS to be toned way the hell down. As an entire phenomenon it is ruining gameplay.