Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,610
# 31
11-28-2013, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainedna View Post
bleedthrough is not damage.Bleedthrough allows or is the way damage gets to hull.Im not talking about damage resistence Im talking about bleedthrough which is a totaly different thing.

Bleedthrough is a game mechanic you CAN remove by using Team Fortress console.
Also bleedthrough is a game mechanic which can be used as starting point for transphasics/torp/plasma/dem builds .
You cannot talk about bleedthrough without talking about hull resistance to damage. You are asking for something else that completely eliminates the basis for a lot of builds (ie burst bleed builds) that is FREE. Which will completely nullify the time and effort a lot of people have put into their builds.

There is a reason the only complete counter to bleed DAMAGE (yes, that's what Team Fortress does, it eliminates the DAMAGE from bleed) is from something you pay a little money to get. It's because it eliminates one of the core game mechanics for a short period of time.

And as I said, it's a game mechanic, why would you want to eliminate it in the first place?

What is it you're asking for here??
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 620
# 32
11-28-2013, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
You cannot talk about bleedthrough without talking about hull resistance to damage. You are asking for something else that completely eliminates the basis for a lot of builds (ie burst bleed builds) that is FREE. Which will completely nullify the time and effort a lot of people have put into their builds.

There is a reason the only complete counter to bleed DAMAGE (yes, that's what Team Fortress does, it eliminates the DAMAGE from bleed) is from something you pay a little money to get. It's because it eliminates one of the core game mechanics for a short period of time.

And as I said, it's a game mechanic, why would you want to eliminate it in the first place?

What is it you're asking for here??
well bad luck .What happens when a drain build gets against a zombie tank ship with lots of PI?For every build should be a counter build.Bleedthrough builds have no other anti bleedtrhough build.

There is no reason why bleedthrough has no counter other than TF console.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,000
# 33
11-29-2013, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainedna View Post
well bad luck .What happens when a drain build gets against a zombie tank ship with lots of PI?For every build should be a counter build.Bleedthrough builds have no other anti bleedtrhough build.

There is no reason why bleedthrough has no counter other than TF console.
A certain amount of the drain is counteracted.

However you still get drained just to a lesser amount.

So equip a resilient shield, you still get some bleed through it's just to a lesser amount.

You have been given enough ways to lessen the amount of damage you get from bleed through, if you don't want to take steps to lessen it, fine.
------
It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
This is the last thing I will post.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 620
# 34
11-29-2013, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpharma View Post
A certain amount of the drain is counteracted.

However you still get drained just to a lesser amount.

So equip a resilient shield, you still get some bleed through it's just to a lesser amount.

You have been given enough ways to lessen the amount of damage you get from bleed through, if you don't want to take steps to lessen it, fine.
so its fine that non resilient shields are not even worth having in your inventory or only being able to counter bleedthrough by using paid console.

ingame depth and complexity is : get resilient shields ,get elite weapons and engi sci and tac consoles from fleet stores....they may aswell sell ships pre equipped with these stuffs .

The game runs and it has the depth of a bad console port since they put fleets in game.There is nothing to choose from ,linear in all possible ways ...everyone has to use the same things...they can put in xbox ,Im sure 14 year olds cant wait to play "star trek" .
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,610
# 35
11-29-2013, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainedna View Post
so its fine that non resilient shields are not even worth having in your inventory or only being able to counter bleedthrough by using paid console.

ingame depth and complexity is : get resilient shields ,get elite weapons and engi sci and tac consoles from fleet stores....they may aswell sell ships pre equipped with these stuffs .

The game runs and it has the depth of a bad console port since they put fleets in game.There is nothing to choose from ,linear in all possible ways ...everyone has to use the same things...they can put in xbox ,Im sure 14 year olds cant wait to play "star trek" .
Not everyone runs a bleedthrough build. In fact pure kinetic bleed builds are rare at best. And tbh, if you run two mk XI blue neutroniums (which are a mission reward... such p2w no?) you will nullify lots of bleed damage, which at MOST is 10% from energy weapons (unless they run a specific DEM, BO energy build, in which case they usually have such high spike you're screwed period) and if the use transphasics? Um... Brace For Impact? A FREE ability?

Dude seriously, there are hard counters to EVERY build. Including bleed builds. You just refuse to accept it.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:10 AM.