Lt. Commander
Welcome to the wonderful world of currency based on-line gaming.

Hey, my response is posted before the OP. Must have passed through a breach in the space-time continuum thingy.
Lt. Commander
This is getting to be BS already....everytime Im in game or check the offical site I have emails/tells. I didnt pay $239 so some jerk off could play my toons. Cryptic needs to do something about them!! Everytime I block someone, some else sends me something!!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAK13 View Post
This is getting to be BS already....everytime Im in game or check the offical site I have emails/tells. I didnt pay $239 so some jerk off could play my toons. Cryptic needs to do something about them!! Everytime I block someone, some else sends me something!!
And there's not much Cryptic can do about it. Just ask any WoW players how hard it is to get rid of spammers.

They are here to stay, unfortunately.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 09:55 AM
Yep 4 years i had in W*W of it

You block one and then they just change the name abit and then spam again.

My real hate i hope doesnt happen in STO, is where they make a character and leave it in a position, say where you beam into spacedock and put in 'say' chat, advertising their goods.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethzero View Post
And there's not much Cryptic can do about it. Just ask any WoW players how hard it is to get rid of spammers.

They are here to stay, unfortunately.
SOE got rid of them in EQ2. Blizzard = fail?
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 09:57 AM
Or as some players (and ex) suspect they actually 'work' with the sellers while making out they are trying to get rid of them
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquatic
SOE got rid of them in EQ2. Blizzard = fail?
You mean when everyone stopped playing EQ2 and there was no market for the spammers?

Righto.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 09:58 AM
People who buy stuff from gold farmers use the same reasoning as people who buy stuff from places like the c-store. It basically comes down to spending real life money to get yourself ahead in the game. Thats why I hate things like the c-store because it ruins the point of playing the game in the first place and pretty much makes it so whoever spends the most real life money is the strongest/best in-game just like buying gold and items from the gold farmers does.

So if you really want to complain then complain about the c-store too cuz its the same model the gold farmers use. Spend r/l money make yourself stronger or look nicer quick and easy with your credit card. Sorry I just think anyone that complains about gold farmers but accepts things like the c-store are nothing but hypocrites.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAK13 View Post
Yeap, ya need to just live with it. But make sure you report everything as Spam. Cryptic will deal with each account, but its an ongoing process like washing dishes hehe.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prez420 View Post
People who buy stuff from gold farmers use the same reasoning as people who buy stuff from places like the c-store. It basically comes down to spending real life money to get yourself ahead in the game. Thats why I hate things like the c-store because it ruins the point of playing the game in the first place and pretty much makes it so whoever spends the most real life money is the strongest/best in-game just like buying gold and items from the gold farmers does.

So if you really want to complain then complain about the c-store too cuz its the same model the gold farmers use. Spend r/l money make yourself stronger or look nicer quick and easy with your credit card. Sorry I just think anyone that complains about gold farmers but accepts things like the c-store are nothing but hypocrites.
I was under the impression the stuff in the C-Store was only cosmetic changes etc.

I was not aware you are able to buy weapons and ships through there.