Lt. Commander
# 41
01-31-2010, 10:48 AM
YO game has launched for headstarters , fact is that when it goes live to everyone else this server going to blow
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-31-2010, 10:50 AM
1. The game isn't even live for another 2 days.

2. Head-Start play is a bonus, not a right or a separate "purchase".

3. Server outages are a part of all MMO launches, because everyone is trying to log in and play at the exact same time because it's still "new".

4. Quit acting like you're entitled to everything you want, whenever you want it. The fact that the game was out yesterday for 1/8th of the day does not make the world come to a screeching halt.
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-31-2010, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnroc View Post
The problem ist NOT that there are a bunch of downtimes at startup ... the only thing which makes me ****ing angry is that Cryptic always tries to fix them (yesterday: same thing) during this 3 hours.If its 2 am at PST its 10 am GMT+1 ...i guess it should be midnight at american east coast at this time ... that would be an acceptable period. No ... lets just get the maintenance done in european prime times .. great idea!
It's better than getting it done in US prime time.
Lt. Commander
# 44
01-31-2010, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daireishi
Siouxsie, you're a terrible player. I saw you fly into that mob of Klingons and die horrible on that one mission. Soooo Baaaaaddddd. Maybe you should try staying with your team in open instances instead of soloing them.

**** didn't really have any issues on launch. Well, queues at peak, but at least there wasn't any lag or stability issues and the quests all worked. That's the last MMO I played at Launch, and well, its launch was smooth and perfect compared to this, even with queues.

ROFL think that was one of my FIRST times doing a TEAM mission....thanks for calling me out on one occasion...CLASS ACT!

Guess its better then waiting around for you all to hold hands...
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-31-2010, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaifeKennebec View Post
I've paid $0.99... and thus far, for a brand new MMO... everything's 100% perfectly acceptable.
You get what you pay for!!
Lt. Commander
# 46
01-31-2010, 10:52 AM
The "server" is not one server, it is a cluster of servers working in tandem. Adding another "server" wont fix the problem. In fact adding another will cause different problems to crop up on different servers. There are hardware and software issues to work out and the only way to do that is have the server operate under full load.

Also, EVE had a downtime every day for an hour, but no one over there is calling for two seperate servers.
Lt. Commander
# 47
01-31-2010, 10:53 AM
Quote:
If your technicans don't know what a stress test is ... its your problem not mine
acctually it is your problem as you can't play. it isn't thier fault they ain't doing this on purpose. they are working out the bugs. the game isn't launched yet. i rather the servers crash now so they can run smoothly next week.

Quote:
i demand the servers to get online again or my money to be refunded! I don't pay for beeing a customer 2nd class!
you don't have the rigth to demand anything from them. check the terms and conditions that you agreed to when you installed the game, unexpected downtimes are going to happen it is the nature of the game and are not a reason for a refund.

plus you didn't give cryptic any money you bought the game from Steam or someother shop they are the ones to give a refund (and good luck with that)

stop your *****ing and go out side and play in the street for 2 hours, if in two hours you haven't been hit by a car then come back and play if you have been hit by a car then we won't have to listen to your moaning and *****ing
Lt. Commander
# 48
01-31-2010, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaifeKennebec View Post
Oh grow up. First, you haven't paid a thing to play. The game isn't even publicly available yet. When you actually own the game, and have paid your physical subscription... then you've paid to play. However, even then you don't have a right to demand a thing.
the subs are already paid if u did the year or lifetime one dumbass they charged my card 120 bucks 2 days ago!.
Lt. Commander
# 49
01-31-2010, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nan666 View Post
the subs are already paid if u did the year or lifetime one dumbass they charged my card 120 bucks 2 days ago!.
but your sub doesn't start till tuesday! the headstart is a FREE!!!!! bonus for all those that pre ordered
Lt. Commander
# 50
01-31-2010, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nan666 View Post
Wow... the drama queen knows how to toss insults!! :O

Your subscription is not active yet. It won't be active until Feb 2. The game can not be physically purchased yet. No retail codes have been given to anyone yet. Seeing a pattern here? Hope so.

As for the fact you chose to already pay for a subscription before game launch... caveat emptor!