Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Emergency Maintenance?
01-31-2010, 11:21 AM
Thank god, perhaps they are fixing the terrible server issues!? This is terrible, i am constantly losing connection after watching the "Server Not Responding" message for twenty minutes. Then waiting another twenty while the "Retrieving Characters List" goes, and then finally another ten while it loads the zone.

We have all paid at least $50 for this game, and its currently (nearly) unplayable. Will they fix the server issues before launch on tuesday, when its only going to get worse as more people begin to play? Who knows; but unless they do, this game is going to be short lived.

Equally confusing is the fact that these issues were addressed and rectified during Beta, why are we still here dealing with them now in headstart? Dont get me wrong, they made huge improvement with a lot of obnoxious bugs between beta and headstart, and perhaps they will again before tuesday. But, something should be done for those of us who have not had the opportunity to enjoy the headstart, never mind not actually being able to GET a headstart because we cannot play. Otherwise, we've just continued the beta for them after significant setbacks from the last one.

Do the proxies help? I seem to hear a lot of people complain vocally about problems with them, but they also seem to be more stable (if you can log in). Is this true?

Anyway, thats my rant, and two cents; and, i hope someone has a work around for all this crap. STO has such potential, its unfortunate that things are going this way.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 11:29 AM
I'm usually able to get in fine and I seldom encounter the server not responding message, but when I do it usually loads eventually and I pop up next to 500000000000 other people. I have some faith that once the game gets into full swing and all the machines are up it will go smoother. Remember, wow took 30min to smelt a copper bar at launch.