Lt. Commander
# 1 Tagging / XP / Loot
01-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Greetings from Ireland.

Im the type of player that likes to Solo and tends to only group/raid etc when all levelled up.
I'm used to playing LOTRO where when you Tag a Mob its Yours, and regardless of who kills it,
you get the loot. (but if someone contributes to damage or heals or buffs you you dont get 100% the XP)

How does Star Trek Tagging system work ?

Is it the ship/character that Hits the enemy first that gets the XP and Loot drop ?
or is it the ship/character that does the most damage,
or it it the ship/character that Lands the killing blow?

Also if doing quests where you need to kill X number of ships/enemies How does that work ?
I entered some fleet intance when I was NOT grouped up with anyone and had to kill 50 ships.
(I had group invites switched off)
The very second I entered the instance it said I had killed 49/50 And I had not touched any !
(not that I minded! I got the reward for the mission)

~B
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 10:45 AM
Anyone ? bumpydebump...
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 10:47 AM
my reccomendation is to type /lfg right away
that way other then securing sector blocks and fleet actions youll be solo all the time as for how it works no one is 100% shure what it is most think its based off of dmg done but i can confirm that tagging dosnt work. if you want to open up to the auto groups just type /lfg agian i play the same as you and fly around with open grouping closed all the time
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 10:51 AM
i have my settings set up so i join a group if one is open in the instance im going into or people can join mine... the way i noticed it is that even if i dont do damage i will still get like 1 point, and the more damage i do the more points i get.... as for loot it seemed to be a round robin or free for all (but i think this can change based on your group settings)
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 10:55 AM
Far as i can tell, keep in mind this is far from certain. Is that there is currently only 1 type of situation when u should have to deal with this issue, and that is fleet actions... in all others you will either be in a group or be on your own, in either case you share the xp with your team mate and the loot is based on your team settings.

In fleet actions i think the guy that does the most dmg to a mob gets the loot. And if u helped him kill it in anyway u share xp.

Correct me if im wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 11:20 AM
This is how I have witnessed it:

When entering systems as part of a team, the loot distribution goes by whatever the group leader's settings are. The default is round robin. Pressing 'o' will bring up the settings screen.

In fleet actions sector enemy contacts, the person/team that does the most damage gets the loot. So if you are playing those solo, you had better be doing a lot of damage. If you team up, again loot drops are according to leaders settings. Also, I believe in fleet actions that the individual who does the most damage gets the best reward at the end of the mission.

I can't comment on skill point distribution, because I don't know.