Lt. Commander
Just something I noticed about what's being claimed as the "official" bridge trailer, Found here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVkqmcgQeAg

Anyone know why in that trailer it shows what appears to be the 3D image of outside your ship, yet ingame it's a similiar to a jpeg low-quality 2D image?

The other trailer we all should be familiar with may be an actual cinematic rather then ingame graphics, hard to tell as it's designed to appear as ingame. But the planets actually have shading (ie, side of planet not facing the sun is dark as it's meant to be)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3Ug52fz5_k

Wish the suns in each system were actually an object rather then a 2D image, would be easier to code the shading from the object rather then a point in the 2D image. Not to mention give the feel of space the game is missing in some parts.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 10:59 AM
Your reasoning is sound on that first video. I wonder why it's not like that for us? Maybe they took it out to make the bridge more stable?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralMichael View Post
Your reasoning is sound on that first video. I wonder why it's not like that for us? Maybe they took it out to make the bridge more stable?
Or perhaps it is an upcoming 'test' version of the bridge.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki
Or perhaps it is an upcoming 'test' version of the bridge.
That would be cool.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 11:03 AM
It's possible, the reason I question it is because during OB it was just a blank black screen. After several suggestions they then changed it to the 2D image we see today. I haven't seen Cryptic mention anything else about it as of yet.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 11:08 AM
It may also be that bridge designs you get with later ships will have this feature. I don't recall seeing it in my Tier I or Tier II vessels in beta. I did have a Tier III but I didn't have a chance to test out the bridge in beta.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 11:18 AM
I wonder if Cryptic would be willing to shed some light on the matter?