Lt. Commander
# 111
01-31-2010, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by puba
Its obvious that cryptic cant get their S//T together...i feel horribly sorry for all you guys who got suckered into buying a one year or life time sub...The reason they had such a quick promo was to get as much money from you as possible before the game was sunk.....good JOB CRYPTIC
STFU.

At the end of the day, it's a new game which is probably one of the most popular games cryptic have ever worked on. They weren't prepared for the sheer amount of people that were going to play this game.

No two ways about it.

I bought a lifetime sub and to be perfectly honest, I'm glad I did it.
Lt. Commander
# 112
01-31-2010, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carltronus
I challenge you to write one post without several words in capslock.

Also, you clearly hate the game, so stop wasting our time, stop QQ'ing, and GTFO. You are currently only succeeding in acting like a spoiled little boy.
so because someone has an opinion different then you they are spoiled.....
Lt. Commander
# 113
01-31-2010, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatlock
I hate to say it but I actually sort of agree with the OP. I personally thought the lifetime subscription was a bad idea anyway, and the ability to play as a "Borg" didn't seem all that special. I did get a 12 month subscription because I don't like the idea of only 2 slots for characters...but still I can see why people would be upset. For the lifetimers, Cryptic has your money now and they can do what they want with it, whether the game is working or not.
I got the 1 year because Cryptic's track record indicates that might indeed be a lifetime sub.
Lt. Commander
# 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glavius View Post
DId anyone here play WoW on day 1? NO! everyone set in a queue that was two thousand people long... waiting for a slot to open... when the server were up.

MMO launches are always terrible.

I have a lifetime subscription and of the 19 hours I've played so far I'm rather enjoying the game the content is great and the grind is way more interesting than WoW's.
Aye, I was at WoW for open beta and launch. It was was quite bad. I seem to remember it took weeks or months to get stable. Who will ever forget being dumped in the drink to drown when trying to go from Menethil Harbor to Auberdine!
Lt. Commander
# 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by puba
lmao...lol..wow...im sorry Crow...but these problems have been happening for OVER a month..ask anyone whos been on here since open beta...lol...wow..ur comments actaully make me chuckle..no disrespect intended of course..but wow...
I've been here since open beta. In fact, I've been here since very early on in open beta. It's not like the servers were exactly getting stress tested back then. I'm also currently going to college, learning to do this stuff for a living. I know a little something about how this technology works. Maybe not as much as some, seeing as how I'm still learning, but I know enough to understand how the process works.

I've also been playing MMOs for quite some time. Sometimes the servers are simply unpredictable at these early stages, no matter how much beta and stress testing they underwent. When things are like they are now, the people maintaining the servers aren't just going to sit around and shrug their shoulders. They're going to, you know, work on the servers.

On a side note, why is it that when someone says, "no disrespect intended" or "no offense," the rest of whatever they say is usually geared directly towards being either offensive or disrespectful?
Lt. Commander
# 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain Brown
To break it down running on the same engine will result in the same back end code more or less. However to give you example I can make a build for a game on an engine I use and someone else can do the same on the exact same engine. We can then test both builds and find totally different bugs.
that is true.
Lt. Commander
# 117
01-31-2010, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illrigger View Post
WoW didn't, and it had a much larger launch than the pre-order load of this game. We have yet to scratch the surface of load issues, the retail copies from Target/Wal-Mart will likely mean 2-3 times what we have now. What happens then?
Actually, WoW had an EXTREMELY bad launch. I was a major ******** fan, and yet almost sold my account to a friend because of how it was. A smooth launch was FFXI (assuming you played the JP version, as the EN version was 1 year later).

WoW launch had very, very long server queues, servers dropped every 2-3 hours for 4+ hours, server lag was absolutely ridiculous, loot lag could make you sit in one spot FOR OVER AN HOUR, and if you logged out, you had to wait in the queue again, etc.

The only thing WoW didn't have that this does is rubberbanding. I never got bounced around on WoW. However, only times I've had a rubberband issue on this is during the tutorial. After that, it's smooth sailing it seems.
Lt. Commander
# 118
01-31-2010, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTempest47
Well within all Fairness guys you all are being 'reasonably' unreasonable here are some simple facts about whats going on here

1. you lifetime subscribers technically pay off your lifetime subscription in 15 months and then your on the free time so even if the game fails right after this you still get all the perks and you broke even with everyone else, and with such a large brand name Cryptic doesn't want to screw this up like Star wars Galaxy's was screwed up.

2. Your Playing the head start, they gave us people who pre-ordered the game the chance to play the game 'BEFORE realse it to retail outlets' they could have easily not given us a head start and continue the open Beta in which they crunched so many bugs during that period of time. THIS IS A PERK Your Not actually paying for the game yet remember you get this plus one-month free on cryptic dime on this.

3. They are fixing problems and keeping us informed of said problems and giving us a rough timeline for it to be completed, so they are doing a kick butt job to keep us paying consumers in the light, I doubt that many companies even do that for their customers.

There I said my piece.

The ONLY favor they are doing is giving us ENOUGH time to cancel our preorders which is their mistake. and second...they DONT keep us updated about anything other then the obvious...which is "the servers are down"
Lt. Commander
# 119
01-31-2010, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoroth View Post
STFU.

At the end of the day, it's a new game which is probably one of the most popular games cryptic have ever worked on. They weren't prepared for the sheer amount of people that were going to play this game.

No two ways about it.

I bought a lifetime sub and to be perfectly honest, I'm glad I did it.
how can you be unprepared for the "SHEER AMOUNT" of people when you have sales records?

I find this baffling.....
Lt. Commander
# 120
01-31-2010, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadDisplayName54667
I got the 1 year because Cryptic's track record indicates that might indeed be a lifetime sub.
lol..nice reply and sadly enough it actually makes sense. TOO BAD
Closed Thread