Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2010, 10:36 AM
I know, it's a disaster when the forums go down on the head start before the actual game even starts. I feel so bad for being jipped on early pre-release game time that thousands of people never would have done anyway.

And opening weekend! It's an abomination! The servers are going down! It's unheard of! No MMO has EVER had issues on opening weekend! We are all going to die without our digital IV!

Chill out.

Walk outside.

Take a break.

Enjoy the game as it stabilizes.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-31-2010, 10:36 AM
you think it's bad now.... wait for tuesday. The server will most likely just fry from the looks of what is happening already.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-31-2010, 10:37 AM
I happily bought a life time sub, and i knew what to expect coming into this. every mmo has it's growing pains. I honestly believe these folks didn't understand just how many people want a star trek game and are reeling from the sheer numbers.

What i find funny is all the haters and doomsayers.

I'm not going to blindly defend the game it does have it's issues but this is one of the best games i have played in a very long time.
Lt. Commander
# 24
So far this launch as been about average for a large MMO.

I bought my lifetime sub today.
Lt. Commander
# 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by puba
Its obvious that cryptic cant get their S//T together...i feel horribly sorry for all you guys who got suckered into buying a one year or life time sub...The reason they had such a quick promo was to get as much money from you as possible before the game was sunk.....good JOB CRYPTIC
English teachers everywhere are shuddering and they don't know why.
We do.
I feel sorry for them.
Lt. Commander
# 26 Numpties
01-31-2010, 10:38 AM
I would love to see any of the other posters here do a better job, I say hats off to the Cryptic guys and gals for doing such a splendid job and I for one was very happy to lend my support with a lifetime sub as it means they have some extra cash to get in more servers and make my gaming experience all that more enjoyable.

Again well done to the Cryptic crew and i doff my hat to you all
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-31-2010, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athy2006
Here Here!!! Then there will less demand on the servers, and then they will not have to flush out all the tribbles as often!

They have not employeed Scotty, and so when they say you have 4 hours to reboot, the guy takes the entire 4 hours. Now if it were Scotty he would say "I need frou hours, Captain", and then 10 mins later... "she is working again, but I do not know for how long"...
HAHA...thats hilarious..you DO realize the game hasnt even been released and they cant even handle the traffic...imagine on Feb 2nd. THEN what are u guys going to say "ohh....stop posting negative comments ...blah blah blah" .

Cryptic is NOT some company that just came out of the blue to make their FIRST MMO....the ONLY thing that makes them look good are the constant reminders of the people who got sukered, about how MUCH they love waiting during downtimes, and how patient they are going to be. CONGRATS, ur basically giving them permission to take as long as they want, and to do it as often as possible....good job Customers...i wont put the word "paying" in front of customers...cause im sure alot of people have finally fallen off the fence and are seriously debating whether all this trash is worth buying, nevermind paying for monthly.
Lt. Commander
# 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD-Youngblood
What i find funny is all the haters and doomsayers.
equally funny are the trekies who worship both cryptic and sto......
Lt. Commander
# 29
Of course it was a quick promo to get as much money as possible upfront, They're a company and as such are run like one. I don't regret buying the lifetime sub though, It's an MMO afterall and as such will always be worked on. If the game really fails hard, I doubt anyone who bought the lifetime sub or STO in general will be looking at Cryptics future games.
Lt. Commander
# 30
the bad part about a game is in th beginning, there's a ton of critical issues to solve. Later on, the content gets updated, bugs worked out, and exploits fixed. I guess we lifetime scribers are just glass-half-full kinda people by nature.
Since I have .....forever....... to play and no wory about levling up my character in one month, I don't feel the pressure to get every last level in head start. Only thing I'm upset about are the bugs, but that's what they're working on.
Closed Thread