Lt. Commander
# 31 Huh .... w/o the ?
01-31-2010, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by puba
Try reading the OP again...just cause u got suckered doesnt MAKE u a sucker...BUT..if the shoe fits....."
I read it. The implication is in your response also. No need to dance around it. I don't feel like I got suckered, you think that. BTW, you never answered the question. Why did you make the OP in the first place? :-)
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-31-2010, 10:40 AM
I'd rather have server problems in BETA than during live. And BETA is for testing, not for fun. Also, there will be problems at launch, unexpected things will happen, and they will be fixed. Engineers and developers are not miracle workers. Patience, thoughtfulness, and common sense are all virtues, please use them.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-31-2010, 10:41 AM
Just wondering... is it against some unwritten rule on this forum to criticize Cryptic and how they run the game/server?

I've seen many MMO launches and this is one of the least good ones. These downtime issues should have been adressed in beta stage. It's not like it's their first MMO, they should have been better prepared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstahr View Post
I'd rather have server problems in BETA than during live. And BETA is for testing, not for fun. Also, there will be problems at launch, unexpected things will happen, and they will be fixed. Engineers and developers are not miracle workers. Patience, thoughtfulness, and common sense are all virtues, please use them.
Newsflash, this IS live. It HAS launched. Just head starters can play now, the rest follows on February 2nd. Now ask yourself: If they can't handle the head starters, what do you think will happen once they open the flood gates on February 2nd?
Lt. Commander
# 34
Well, I have a lifetime subscription and I'm feeling okay. If it's still like this in three months, then I might have a problem. Regardless, while I feel the game could be (and should be) a lot better than this, I think they did a pretty good job on what is in the game (bugs aside) and I am sure I'll still care to play two years from now... and I'm pretty sure the game will still be here then, so a lifetime sub made sense.
Lt. Commander
# 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amagonn View Post
equally funny are the trekies who worship both cryptic and sto......
Even more amusing are those that assume that everyone who likes the game is a trekkie or a Cryptic worshipper. We're not all sheep little boy.
Lt. Commander
# 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jossinator
Everytime the game goes down...several negative posts about the game go up. If you dont like it, dont play.
I keep saying this over and over......I am looking for entertaining posts but the whiners are pathetic.

Its simple...you don't like whats happening, quit playing. Cancel your sub , log off, quit playing.

If you are really really displease with will show your displeasure more than just whining.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-31-2010, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elohim View Post
Just wondering... is it against some unwritten rule on this forum to criticize Cryptic and how they run the game/server?

I've seen many MMO launches and this is one of the least good ones. These downtime issues should have been adressed in beta stage. It's not like it's their first MMO, they should have been better prepared.
major problem I saw was addressing server loads in beta, typically an issue taken care of in alpha.

it's quite obvious the repercussions doing this cryptic's way has on the game at launch.....

the HS launch didn't even last more than 20min before it went down the first time, and hasn't really improved at all......
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-31-2010, 10:42 AM
I expected so much more from an experienced developer but so far I can only really describe my feelings about this game as monumentally let-down. As a European resident it isn't helped that everything is geared towards the US market and the rest of the world is given the finger while expected to pay more (taxes and the like) while receiving a sub standard service in return. I understand economics and the fact that the US is the main market but some effort to address things beyond the front door would help.

Server configration is dire, 1 cluster in CA? Come on! Using Del Taco for special give-away codes? Most of the world and a fair amount of the States don't have Del Taco. No communication from staff and a total fixation on milking the cash cow and doing sweet FA to fix the issues at hand. GET A NEW SERVER SET UP ! It isn't rocket science and everyone in the Cryptic community is being affected by terrible server management at the moment.

If this doesn't change then the end of this game will come sooner rather than later. Take Tabula Rasa, good concept and heavily instanced died out because of the same issues here except the dev team actually did something instead of watching their single server crash multiple times daily. Doesn't bode well for the actual launch.

Flaming commence, I paid for this product and am entitled to feel let down by and vent my criticisms at Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-31-2010, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by llelowyn View Post
the bad part about a game is in th beginning, there's a ton of critical issues to solve. Later on, the content gets updated, bugs worked out, and exploits fixed. I guess we lifetime scribers are just glass-half-full kinda people by nature.
Since I have .....forever....... to play and no wory about levling up my character in one month, I don't feel the pressure to get every last level in head start. Only thing I'm upset about are the bugs, but that's what they're working on.
Goodluck...these bugs have been here SINCE jan 12...and they STILL cant fix it. Glass half full??? lol u joking? it was half full halfway through the Beta....then the glass BROKE during beta when everyone realized this is Trending the same way as CoH and CO....a slow and PAINFUL death, with lil fixes, no atten to the public and last but NOT least, failure overall
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-31-2010, 10:43 AM
I do kinda have to agree with the OP, and I am one of the life-timers so it's well within my rights to complain. Sine head start, of the 5 times I have started the client up to play, THREE of them greeted me with a server down message. That was forgivable during beta, but we are PAYING for this now. If the game wasn't ready, they should have extended the beta and worked out the kinks.

They have two days before the flood of Wal-Mart buyers who have no forgiveness or patience show up, and the reputation of the game is ruined forever. I guess they weren't around on launch day for SWG....
Closed Thread