Lt. Commander
# 41
01-31-2010, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by puba
HAHA...thats hilarious..you DO realize the game hasnt even been released and they cant even handle the traffic...imagine on Feb 2nd. THEN what are u guys going to say "ohh....stop posting negative comments ...blah blah blah" .

Cryptic is NOT some company that just came out of the blue to make their FIRST MMO....the ONLY thing that makes them look good are the constant reminders of the people who got sukered, about how MUCH they love waiting during downtimes, and how patient they are going to be. CONGRATS, ur basically giving them permission to take as long as they want, and to do it as often as possible....good job Customers...i wont put the word "paying" in front of customers...cause im sure alot of people have finally fallen off the fence and are seriously debating whether all this trash is worth buying, nevermind paying for monthly.
I challenge you to write one post without several words in capslock.

Also, you clearly hate the game, so stop wasting our time, stop QQ'ing, and GTFO. You are currently only succeeding in acting like a spoiled little boy.
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-31-2010, 10:44 AM
I have been playing for 2 weeks now and have been through all the down times, I still do not regret buying the life time sub, but a am glad that some random person in cyberspace cares so much for me and how I spend my money that I work hard to earn. So thank you for you concern it is so touching. I would also like to thank Cryptic without these down times I wouldn't see my kids.
Lt. Commander
# 43
I bought a lifetime sub. I have 4 lifetime subs to LOTRO and I've never regretted one cent of the money I spent - in fact, because I haven't paid a cent in monthly fees to that game, I can afford to play this one. Were I paying monthly, here, I *would* be upset about downtime - it's wasting the cash I paid this month. But I have from now until the servers go dark, to play this game. A few hours downtime before the official launch is meaningless. Even after launch...what do I care, I'll go play LOTRO until the servers are back up. I've lost nothing to the downtime.

You have. Poor monthly paying suckers. Think of me, in 17 months, when I'm playing for free, and you're into Cryptic for $255.00.
Lt. Commander
# 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by llelowyn View Post
the bad part about a game is in th beginning, there's a ton of critical issues to solve. Later on, the content gets updated, bugs worked out, and exploits fixed. I guess we lifetime scribers are just glass-half-full kinda people by nature.
Since I have .....forever....... to play and no wory about levling up my character in one month, I don't feel the pressure to get every last level in head start. Only thing I'm upset about are the bugs, but that's what they're working on.
I could not agree more with you there. To hell with all these whiners who want to powerlevel their toons to 50 and miss all the fun content. I have no problem with the server being down as long as the stuff is being fixed and worked on. And its still too entirely too early to say "its not being fixed"
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-31-2010, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elohim View Post
If you think the OP is freaking out, you've lived a very protected life.
If you think life runs smoothly, and that this stuff is easy, then YOU have lived a very protected, and ignorant, life.
Lt. Commander
# 46
01-31-2010, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDeMongulator
I expected so much more from an experienced developer but so far I can only really describe my feelings about this game as monumentally let-down. As a European resident it isn't helped that everything is geared towards the US market and the rest of the world is given the finger while expected to pay more (taxes and the like) while receiving a sub standard service in return. I understand economics and the fact that the US is the main market but some effort to address things beyond the front door would help.

Server configration is dire, 1 cluster in CA? Come on! Using Del Taco for special give-away codes? Most of the world and a fair amount of the States don't have Del Taco. No communication from staff and a total fixation on milking the cash cow and doing sweet FA to fix the issues at hand. GET A NEW SERVER SET UP ! It isn't rocket science and everyone in the Cryptic community is being affected by terrible server management at the moment.

If this doesn't change then the end of this game will come sooner rather than later. Take Tabula Rasa, good concept and heavily instanced died out because of the same issues here except the dev team actually did something instead of watching their single server crash multiple times daily. Doesn't bode well for the actual launch.

Flaming commence, I paid for this product and am entitled to feel let down by and vent my criticisms at Cryptic.
HOW DARE YOU HAVE UR OWN OPINION!!!...lol..thats basically what everyone says when they back up Cryptic and this MASSIVE let down...good job Sheep. TheDE..thanks for being WAY more realistic then the majority of the fans of STO
Lt. Commander
# 47
01-31-2010, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carltronus
Even more amusing are those that assume that everyone who likes the game is a trekkie or a Cryptic worshipper. We're not all sheep little boy.
even funnier is noticing that I never made that assumption, nor was it implied by my statement.
Lt. Commander
# 48
I still remember the good ole days when Cryptic was still making City of Heroes and actually cared for their customers and fan base.
Lt. Commander
# 49 I am Getting sick of Trolls
Is it that you can't afford to get a lifetime sub, you are easily scared by technology so when it does not work you jump to the worst conclusion or is it a jealousy thing? Seems there are no good reasons to have a go at lifers.

Try to be CONstructive...
Lt. Commander
# 50
01-31-2010, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordell1128
If you think life runs smoothly, and that this stuff is easy, then YOU have lived a very protected, and ignorant, life.
Your flame fails as much as your reading comprehension skills.
Closed Thread