Lt. Commander
Hi,

I have already purchased ST:O through Steam, and am planning on buying a yearly subscription today. My question is, I would like to cancel my Steam order and instead get the Collector's Edition from a local store on launch day. If I do that, does my account get deleted or will it still be active and just require me to activate the new key?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberSpencer
Hi,

I have already purchased ST:O through Steam, and am planning on buying a yearly subscription today. My question is, I would like to cancel my Steam order and instead get the Collector's Edition from a local store on launch day. If I do that, does my account get deleted or will it still be active and just require me to activate the new key?
Your Cryptic/Star Trek Online account will remain whether you are an active subscriber or not. Just be sure to log in to enter the new CD Key when you purchase from a local store.

Be advised, Steam's refund procedure/policy is less than consumer friendly. You'll need to create a separate "Support Account" (not your Steam account) before you can submit a support ticket. According to their site, you'll have to request the refund PRIOR TO RELEASE or you will not be allowed a refund per their usual policy.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 07:45 AM
Yeah, you better act very quick like...you've got about 28-32 hours of a customer service window. With that said, you'll still have your account no matter what, and we don't have retail keys yet...so all you have to do is pick up the CE and use the key in the box.

But when it gets to be Feb 2nd, Steam will send you a retail key and you may be stuck at that point.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 10:38 AM
Well, I went ahead and posted a ticket to Steam on their website saying to cancel my pre-order with them. They've been horrible through all the ordeals involving this game that they caused, so I'm just getting it from Amazon instead (day-of-release-delivery ftw). I'm just waiting on the new key from Amazon via email for head start purposes... at the most I'll be down from the time Steam cans my old key to the time I get the new one ::shrug:: Better than dealing with Steam. And the CE's extras are worth it
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 10:39 AM
why would anyone buy lifetime ? if they get lifers why work for ya money ?