Lt. Commander
# 51
01-31-2010, 12:49 PM
i like the ground combat actualy.. i have a few quirks about it but the major issues i have with the ground combat are two things.

1) Its to easy!!... if your solo... you'll almost NEVER die if you just slowly and mithodicaly work your way therw a mission.. its almost un-challanging (then again i havent made it past lvl 12 yet so might just be that i havent ran into any tougher missions yet?

2) they realy need to fix the movement bug i found, can replicate, and even found a workaround to. For anyone thats noticed that their movement keys seem to get out of wack or even sometimes completely rotated 90deg's while on the ground.. quick fix mid-fight is to hold down your right mouse button, then 'move' with the movement keys or 'slide' the mouse right or left. Whats causeing your movment keys to go wonky is the paper doll the server see's and the one WE see on our screen's are now 100% linked. If you auto-attack something thats not 100% in-line with your avatar's face... your movement keys will be off kilter that number of deg's that the offset to the target is because your 'visable' Avatar is tuned towards the target when you attack.. but the SERVER avatar is still pointing the same direction you were faceing befor entering combat. The right mouse button being held down, then hitting a movement key basicaly 're-aligns' the two paper-dolls.
Lt. Commander
# 52
01-31-2010, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_C
I kind of like it.

It's not perfect, but it's OK.

My one gripe is when a target is, well.....targetted, I can only strafe and not turn. This is a pain when some flanking fire comes in.
Use your mouse.....
Lt. Commander
# 53
01-31-2010, 01:04 PM
PvP ground is my favorite part of this game
Lt. Commander
# 54
01-31-2010, 01:10 PM
I like ground combat way better than space combat. I could hope for more pleasing landscapes than barren deserts. J'Plem is a nice ground map, and loved the fact you could get off the road and come at the mobs from behind.

I also think it would be fun to have mutiple quests in one local.
Lt. Commander
# 55
01-31-2010, 01:31 PM
I like the ground combat just as much as the space combat. It breaks the monotony of doing the same things over and over in an MMO.
Lt. Commander
# 56
01-31-2010, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalseHope
1) Its to easy!!... if your solo... you'll almost NEVER die if you just slowly and mithodicaly work your way therw a mission.. its almost un-challanging (then again i havent made it past lvl 12 yet so might just be that i havent ran into any tougher missions yet?

I think this must be random. I've had a couple very tough fights & I go slow & methodical. The hardest fight I've had yet I mention in my previous post, against a group of Boktian's, a Commander in particular. He has far more firepower than I can bring to bear with all four of my Away Team, he has more gadgets too. Turrets, Shield Generators, Shield Repair, Grenades... he, alone, nearly caused a team wipe. This was at Lieutenant 8.

I made Lt. Commander 6 in Open Beta & not once faced any mob that tough.

So, I guess the whole thing is random & different people's mileage varies.
Lt. Commander
# 57
01-31-2010, 01:55 PM
Bring back autofire.

I do like ground combat though, I do wish it were slower.
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-02-2010, 04:18 PM
I love ground combat. It's my preferred PvP at the moment. My only issue comes from the the complete lack of rare Klingon gear for levels 1-10. Feds of the same rank have access to some great stuff so it creates an imbalance.
Lt. Commander
# 59
02-02-2010, 04:18 PM
i cant stand it

its your typical mmo engine target and fire

i was hoping for an fps system

i love the diving the "c" or aim function

i love thr movement

some of the maps need some work, especially the pvp maps are to constricting

great close combat

i would especially love it if......

remove the targetting function, trplace with cross hairs, ( this will require a chase cam setting)

and up the rate of fire cause people will miss alot
Lt. Commander
# 60
02-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbuckius View Post
i cant stand it

its your typical mmo engine target and fire

i was hoping for an fps system

i love the diving the "c" or aim function

i love thr movement

some of the maps need some work, especially the pvp maps are to constricting

great close combat

i would especially love it if......

remove the targetting function, trplace with cross hairs, ( this will require a chase cam setting)

and up the rate of fire cause people will miss alot

They likely won't do this but I've wanted a FPS/TPS mmo for decades.