02-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorRitter
PvP ground is my favorite part of this game
seriously
Lt. Commander
# 62
02-02-2010, 03:33 PM
I personally dont mind the ground combat, its a nice change of pace from doing space battles.
Lt. Commander
# 63
02-02-2010, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorX View Post
They likely won't do this but I've wanted a FPS/TPS mmo for decades.
global agenda is out i think i may start downloading it also there are a few fps/tps's coming out this year

they are multiplying
Lt. Commander
# 64
02-02-2010, 03:41 PM
I would enjoy ground combat more if it were a "Choose Your Own Adventure" experience with well drawn concept art and a couple odd dice rolls to toss in random events. This would have provided a nice contrast to the combat in space.

The concept of an away team isn't bad, but it's simply done poorly when compared to other games on the market. Games don't need to be graphical wonders in order to get respect, but it doesn't hurt if they stack up favorably against games from the early years of the last decade.

Go play Elite Force 2 and then let's have a conversation about which game is better from a technical standpoint. The fact that ground combat is only one element of a game that was clearly rushed out the door shows poorly when compared to a game that was a full budget game, with a full development cycle and a full development team dedicated to it.

Cryptic should've just left it alone if they couldn't at least put out a game as good as one a decade old.
Lt. Commander
# 65
02-02-2010, 03:44 PM
I like ground combat too. It's a change of pace and tactics, and you can set up some great crossfires and ambushes.
Lt. Commander
# 66
02-02-2010, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlit
I would enjoy ground combat more if it were a "Choose Your Own Adventure" experience with well drawn concept art and a couple odd dice rolls to toss in random events. This would have provided a nice contrast to the combat in space.

The concept of an away team isn't bad, but it's simply done poorly when compared to other games on the market. Games don't need to be graphical wonders in order to get respect, but it doesn't hurt if they stack up favorably against games from the early years of the last decade.

Go play Elite Force 2 and then let's have a conversation about which game is better from a technical standpoint. The fact that ground combat is only one element of a game that was clearly rushed out the door shows poorly when compared to a game that was a full budget game, with a full development cycle and a full development team dedicated to it.

Cryptic should've just left it alone if they couldn't at least put out a game as good as one a decade old.
i here what your saying and completely agree, multiple types of mission outcomes would be nice.
like if you break the prime directive too much or align your self a certain way through your missions you end up in the orion syndicate, or the marqi.

the enviroments need alot of too the graphics really arn't that great in some missions or areas and awsome in others

i wouldn't mind if they closed it down for a couple to fix, it reminds of star wars gallexies with actual actions
star wars gallaxies failed btw, so to all the trekkies like me if you want to wait 4 years before another STO comes out like the star wars ladies then i'd speak up.

the new star wars is gonns flop too, it has all the cymics of your standard fantast mmo and some new ones, the developing quest system and a cover ststem for the smuggler lol, i am pretty sure that star wars fans will flock to it but it wont last just like star wars gallaxies.
Lt. Commander
# 67
02-02-2010, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightlore
I like ground combat too. It's a change of pace and tactics, and you can set up some great crossfires and ambushes.
i agree you can set some nice ambushes but i hate the idea of shotting without cross hairs
Lt. Commander
# 68
02-02-2010, 04:11 PM
I also like the ground combat. I'm getting better at it. I still have some problems getting killed now and then but that's more my skill and not training and outfiting my team properly. There are so many options which to me .. I like.

I find that I like the roll and left/right movements that set up flanking fire on the enemy.

It isn't the best but at launch it's pretty good and I think they will make improvements.
Lt. Commander
# 69
02-02-2010, 04:15 PM
I like ground combat, I just think it has a long way to go. It'll be nice when they populate planets with bigger zones/npcs crafting/banks etc...
Lt. Commander
# 70
02-02-2010, 04:21 PM
I really enjoy the ground combat, i like watching my bridge officers kick ass whilst i lay dead as they are much better than me, although im getting kille d a lot less now , it could do with a few improvements but its quite fun, i prefer it to space combat.