Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 91
02-01-2010, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huud007 View Post
Technically our "Head Start" only gave us access to the game prior to launch. Cryptic honored that. They didn't give us a set amount of free hours of playtime, so we really can't complain about lost time.

Am I frustrated...sure. But the only thing I'm looking for is a stable game tomorrow.

And frustrated customers are not good for bussiness. Sure, they honered there agreement, but it looks like it'd done as much harm as it did good. (arguably) The smart move is to throw the frustrated masses a bone. Not free game time, but something. I think they may... they did give out a free respecs when they ratically altered CO the day of it's launch... it took like a month to GET it.. but still... heh.
Lt. Commander
# 92
02-01-2010, 05:51 AM
Nope. Don't need free time. If this weekend helped make things right, then good. I got the chance to play a bit, and I enjoyed it. No frustration here.
Lt. Commander
# 93
02-01-2010, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhianni32 View Post
So what you guys are saying is that server stability didnt magically get fixed since beta?
Who would have imagined that.
Server Stability? Been rock solid for me, except for that time when everyone was going ape shiite for their Borg. been playin pretty much all day and night with no probs. yeah the servers come dwon when they wanna fix something, thanks for that! yeah it suddenly crashed maybe once or twice. But uh, WoW STILL does that, and they got bajillions to spend on it.
Lt. Commander
# 94 Tebula Rasa
02-01-2010, 02:13 PM
I don't get it, who paid extra for the head start? I only paid my 5 dollars to Gamestop, that will come off the price of the game to get my code, and start playing the head start. So why would anyone pay extra cash for a deal that is free? I understand this is not BATA, and I played BATA and I thought we fixed a ton of issues with that play. I logged in for my head start, and already saw a BIG improvement over what BATA was. All you WOW lovers (I am one of them) forget what it was like with their first few days of launch. Queue times up the ass, and servers were always down, I played WOW since Bata, I know the problems MMO's have. I bought "Tebula Rasa Collectors". I am glad this game has come out. It's different, I am sure that all the issues will be addressed within 2 weeks of launch. I am sorry, but I realize this stuff takes time, and if you read your user agreement, Cryptic has the right to revoke your game time at anytime during your play. So in essence your really renting your game each month. They can take it at anytime, Look what happened to "Tebula Rasa". :-p I bought that game and now it's up on my shelve collecting large amounts of dust. Did I get anything for it? Nope, NcSoft said they were not responsible for the games failure. I was deployed to Afghanistan and when I get home and tried to log into my account, surprise the game failed, so all the money I spent was worthless. It happens, and Cryptic does not have to do anything but pull the plug, and your "Lifetime Subs" are gone, and everyone is screwed out of 49:99 or more. So be glad that they are taking the time to fix the issues before tomorrow. It could be a lot worse, they could be doing nothing and let the game go under just like "Tebula Rasa".
Lt. Commander
# 95
02-01-2010, 02:26 PM
DEFINITELY. And I expect it will only get worse over the coming week when the game hits store shelves.

If we don't get compensation for the time the servers were down during head-start/first week of launch, I'm going to be one angry nerd.
Lt. Commander
# 96
02-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginji85
POST HERE IF YOU THINK ALL WHO PRE-ORDERED FOR HEADSTART SHOULD GET FREE GAMETIME OR IN-GAME BONUSES.

We paid and pre-ordered this game with the understanding we would get headstart access (which has mostly been laggy, downtime, had maintenance preformed or just been buggy as hell) and the respected pre-order ingame bonus which ppl haven't recieved with there order if they have recieved there order at all. Some ppl are being told that there aroder wont be with them for another week or so on on the actuall release day, what good is that. How are ppl spose to get headstart if they don't recieve there preorder code?

False advertisement i think soooo, this headstart just seems to be a beta extension that players shouldn't of had to preorder for.

so please post below if you agree and leave your views on the matter.
I would love some free game time, love it to death! But I in no way feel I'm entitled to free game time, I knew exactly what the state of the game was when I pre-ordered.
Lt. Commander
# 97
02-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginji85
POST HERE IF YOU THINK ALL WHO PRE-ORDERED FOR HEADSTART SHOULD GET FREE GAMETIME OR IN-GAME BONUSES.

We paid and pre-ordered this game with the understanding we would get headstart access (which has mostly been laggy, downtime, had maintenance preformed or just been buggy as hell) and the respected pre-order ingame bonus which ppl haven't recieved with there order if they have recieved there order at all. Some ppl are being told that there aroder wont be with them for another week or so on on the actuall release day, what good is that. How are ppl spose to get headstart if they don't recieve there preorder code?

False advertisement i think soooo, this headstart just seems to be a beta extension that players shouldn't of had to preorder for.

so please post below if you agree and leave your views on the matter.
Doesn't work for lifers. I think C-Store creds or a free pet or something or uniforms would be more equitable.
Lt. Commander
# 98
02-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Although it has been a little rocky to start with, none of the MMOs' I have ever played had a fault free start. I seem to remeber Ultima Online 3D was a bit buggy and crashed on me a lot but I persevered and it got a lot better.

So far playing this game since the open beta has cost me not a penny. I pre-ordered from Amazon for 24.99 and got my headstart and open beta access and have not been charged yet as the game hasn't been dispatched. The game seems to be as I expected which is simple and fun. I don't expect that I will be playing for more than 6 months but that was the same with City of Heroes which I felt didn't have much to keep me playing long term.
Lt. Commander
# 99
02-01-2010, 02:43 PM
I thought head start WAS free game time? I've only been stopped from playing once when I wanted to. I see people already flying around in Cruisers so something must be working for them.
Lt. Commander
# 100
02-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Well you get 30 days gametime free with the gold version or least thats what it says when i bought it.